Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I keep hearing about how great Echo Caverns is, so I decided to try and make a deck that steals as many icons from my opponent's cards as possible. The idea here is to use cards like FX-7 and Battlefield Engineers to take focus tokens off of Echo Caverns and thus use it multiple times a turn. This makes your guys stronger and your opponent's weaker. Your big guns are Home One and the Falcon, and there is plenty of resource generation to keep on playing the Falcon every turn.

Questions:

Is the faction split right? Do you think I need the Rumors pod or would a straight-up 50-50 split be better?
Is there any ways to pull Echo Caverns? I only have two in the deck (the limit) and since the deck is built around it, would like to get it as early as possible.
Do you have any other comments?

Here's the deck

2x Mission Briefing (Core 9-1)
Mon Mothma
Battlefield Engineers
A-Wing
Heavy Blaster Emplacement
Heat of Battle

2x The Rebel Fleet (Core 11-1)
Home One
Y-Wing
Repair Droid
Hidden Outpost
Target of Opportunity

1x Rumors at the Cantina (Core 16-1)
Rebel Sympathizer
Rebel Sympathizer
Common Ground
Rescue Mission
It Could Be Worse

2x Renegade Squadron Mobilization (The Search For Skywalker 44-1)
Renegade Squadron
Renegade Squadron
Munitions Expert
Echo Caverns
Target of Opportunity

1x Frozen Refuge (Assault on Echo Base 55-1)
WED-15-1016
FX-7 Medical Assistant
Tauntaun
Echo Control Center
Battle of Hoth

2x Asteroid Sanctuary (Edge of Darkness 72-1)
Millennium Falcon
Cloud City Operative
Cloud City Guest Quarters
Bamboozle
Twist of Fate

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheet
United States
Rochester
NH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
A 50/50 split is just asking for resource match troubles. I assume you are running Rebel Alliance with your current build?

You could get resource looked out of whatever faction you are not affiliated with in this current build. I would dump the Rumors, add more Smugglers or Rebel and run the opposite affiliation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Kimball
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try it, but generally you want 6-8 objectives of your main faction with the other 4-2 being an off-faction (that you use the affiliation for) or neutral. That way you are (almost) guaranteed at least 1 objective of your main faction in the opening.

For your deck, I would suggest keeping:
2x Mission Briefing
2x Renegade Squadron Mobilization
1x Frozen Refuge

Then fill in the 5 other objectives with either all Rebels or all S&S, depending on your preferences.

Also, it's tough to build an entire deck around a single card that you only have two copies of, even one as strong as Echo Caverns. Especially with the amount of enhancement hate now (Utinni!, Explosive Charge, Tear This Ship Apart) it might be an uphill battle. But I'd be interested to hear how it does!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Shelbyville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I haven't played the game much, but now that there is a weekly LCG group near me, I hope to get more into it. I hope to make it to the store tonight, and if I do, I'll let you know how it goes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.