Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I fear there won't be enough interest to pull this off (positive, promising opener ), but I would like to try and get enough players together for some regular Vassal Epic games. The idea I have right now is to get teams of four players together for a monthly ladder matches. I think for this to even get off the ground, I would want a minimum of six teams to start with. 24 interested players doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility...

More general stuff - teams would be required to have at least two members present for any particular game. Arranging a time when 8 total players can get together for 2-4 hour stretch is problematic, but hopefully this flexibility would allow this to happen in a way that games will actually get played. With Vassal capabilities, certainly able to break the game up into multiple sessions (though, for me, this messes with the flow of play) as another suitable solution. The one game per month schedule seems about right too, though that could be adjusted to every two months, or even quarterly, if that doesn't allow enthusiasm to wane.

Anyway, feel free to post ideas and interest here on this thread. In the coming weeks, I'll either get a database started on the C&C:Ancients Yahoo group or perhaps start up a Guild here on bgg.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avoiding a pessimistic view on this and saying I will be willing to give it a try

I'll subscribe and check back at the response level here whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested although I've never played Epic Ancients. I think I saw something like this in the past, but it was only on Sunday mornings, which are not typically good for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David, this came about in a chat during our monthly game this morning - different setup, could certainly be played on a Sunday morning, but games would be arranged between the teams.

No experience necessary, all comers welcome. Getting more Epic plays on Vassal being the main goal. Having fun a close second

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.