Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Looking at the pictures, we can see that the special dices are only half painted (3 sides with 1 Kill and 2 pain results).

Are there any types of rolls in the game, that need to account the numbers on dices, besides battle?

Will they still be able to use special dices for such rolls?

Thanks

Bruno

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There's at least one die roll that I can remember, for the King in Yellow's desecration ability, that requires you to be able to read a numbered die result. Likely there's some other ones that I've either forgotten about or information hasn't been released for it yet. The dice that come with the game are numbered with pips, while the custom dice were more of a Kickstarter exclusive I think, unless they sell those at retail/online as well.

It would be nice to be able to use those custom dice for any and all rolls in the game, but it's not that big of a bother to reach a few more inches away and pick up a different die. Since it's only in a few select situations, the players who have to make those rolls will have the numbered die close by anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jerry gundry
United States
Kennewick
WASHINGTON
flag msg tools
mb
There is also the Thousand forms ability and Groth, from what I remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe, the dices could have small numbers in one of the corners.

I'd like to hear some word from the devellopers, as it's kind of strange that an addon of $12 can't be used in half of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jerry gundry
United States
Kennewick
WASHINGTON
flag msg tools
mb
Well, the add-on is just for the combat dice, but the game will still come with the regular, pipped dice, so everything should be covered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
recruittons wrote:
Well, the add-on is just for the combat dice, but the game will still come with the regular, pipped dice, so everything should be covered.

I supposed that the dices would be replaced. If so, there's no problem at all!

EDIT: After I reread the KS page, unless I'm really reading it wrong, at the Cultist pledge advertisement, the pictures clearly states "OR", while regarding dices.

Maybe Sandy gave some clarification at a later time, but as it is now, you choose one set of dices or the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jerry gundry
United States
Kennewick
WASHINGTON
flag msg tools
mb
Hmm, this is one of the few statements he made on the subject, at least on the KS page. He might have said something here on BGG, though, that I can't find.

"So if you have custom dice, you will also need one regular die. Unless it adds greatly to shipping costs (which is possible) I think our current plan is to simply add the custom dice for a Cultes des Goules backer to the normal game, so you'd get the custom dice plus the normal dice. "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jerry gundry
United States
Kennewick
WASHINGTON
flag msg tools
mb
Ahh, and here is something from Arthur from a thread here.

"Here is the lowdown, which I'm sure you'll be very happy to hear:

GEG with NOT, repeat NOT open up parts from the manufacturers to take out components. Anything added on will be just that, added on. There is no use for a bunch of extra cardboard gates from tons of backers who got the plastic add-ons!

So, rest easy if you get the plastic add-ons, you will not lose the other components of the game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
recruittons wrote:
Ahh, and here is something from Arthur from a thread here.

"Here is the lowdown, which I'm sure you'll be very happy to hear:

GEG with NOT, repeat NOT open up parts from the manufacturers to take out components. Anything added on will be just that, added on. There is no use for a bunch of extra cardboard gates from tons of backers who got the plastic add-ons!

So, rest easy if you get the plastic add-ons, you will not lose the other components of the game."

That's excellent news!

Thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.