Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Firstly my compliments to everyone involved in this title. It is highly enjoyable and through it TCS appears to be a 'where have you been all my life' kind of game.

From my reading of the rules, I believe that...

A. Units moving and then changing to fire mode can then take part in overwatch during the same action phase (essentially I couldn't find a restriction prohibiting this but I may have missed it)

B. Units that start the turn in move mode cannot use SFA even if they change to fire mode at the start of the action phase (SFA's can only be done by units that start the turn in fire mode)

Could somebody kindly clarify if I have got this right or bungled somewhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Yes

and

Yes--13.1b To fire an SFA, units must have been continually in Fire Mode since the beginning of the current phase and cannot be marked with a Fired marker or have fired a PFA.

Mode changes occur once the Action Phase has started, so you either started it in Move Mode or in Combat Mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Great stuff. Thanks for the info. The rules are pretty tight and most questions I have had have been answered by re-reading the rules a bit more carefully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.