Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Virgin Queen» Forums » Rules

Subject: Assassination attempt question - what is the result needed to kill a leader rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Zuber
msg tools
Hello everyone,

We had a doubt yesterday about the assassination rule.

I try an assassination attempt against Coligny (Coligny has à strength of 1). I had 6 dice and my adversary had 2 dice for defense.

I score Three "5" or "6". My adversary score only one.

Did i success to kill Coligny ?
My opinion is, as my net result is 2 success (3 minus 1) and, as Coligny strength is only 1, my hits exceed defender by more than battle rating of target so hé is dead.

But my friend told that i need Three excessing success to kill him.

Which answer is correct ? Did I kill Coligny ?

Thank you for your answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dudley411 wrote:
My opinion is, as my net result is 2 success (3 minus 1) and, as Coligny strength is only 1, my hits exceed defender by more than battle rating of target so he is dead.

You are correct. Coligny dies.

This works somewhat like debates in Here I Stand: for a burning or disgrace, the number of excess attacker hits has to be greater than the rating of the debater. So the attacker needs to get two more hits than the defender to kill Coligny.

(On a side note, I believe Elizabeth counts as a 2-rated army leader for the purposes of assassination.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
MD1616 wrote:
Dudley411 wrote:
My opinion is, as my net result is 2 success (3 minus 1) and, as Coligny strength is only 1, my hits exceed defender by more than battle rating of target so he is dead.

You are correct. Coligny dies.

This works somewhat like debates in Here I Stand: for a burning or disgrace, the number of excess attacker hits has to be greater than the rating of the debater. So the attacker needs to get two more hits than the defender to kill Coligny.

However - unlike in HIS - you always need at least two more hits to kill, even if the target is that useless Frenchman with the 0 rating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
True, thank you for the clarification (I knew that but forgot to mention it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Zuber
msg tools
Thank you very much for your answers.

To summarize, we could say that you need :

2 excessing success to assassinate leaders with a battle rating of "0" or "1"

3 excessing success to assassinate leaders with a battle rating of "2"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.