4 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: King Tomescu's Portal and single player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Antonio
Honduras
flag msg tools
Ok guys I just played the first adventure for the second time and now I feel pretty confident on understanding the game mechanics, but I happened to come across this event card King Tomescus Portal, it says to attack the hero 3 times and then remove it from its tile and place it anywhere at the beginning of the next hero phase.

With multiple players theres no problem but what do the monsters do in single player when the hero has been removed form the board?? There is no hero in play so the default action of moving closer to a hero doesnt apply. Do they just sit still??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they do nothing. It may also happen in multiplayer games if all heroes are knocked down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Antonio
Honduras
flag msg tools
Oh OK. Thats what I did but I just wanted to be sure if it was right.

Although regarding everybody being knocked down I think youre right since the instructions do say that monsters ignore the downed players but I think it could be interpreted as ignored for attacking. Since the hero is still in the board the monster still can approach it.

I was faced with this situation were I was knocked down and in the villain face I decided that the monsters would move closer with the default action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Vierimaa
Finland
Oulu
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a difference between interepretation and house ruling.

Nothing prevents you playing like you said as a house rule but according to the rules correct interpretation is to do nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.