Michel Condoroussis
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

For those in or around Montreal, just a note that there is a gaming group at Concordia University that plays every Saturday at 1pm on the seventh floor of the Hall Building (1455 de Maisonneuve West near the Guy-Concordia metro, the cross street is MacKay). We play all types of games, long or short, Euro or Ameritrash.

Feel free to pass by and check out our group page:

http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/Montreal_Boardgames_Meetup_...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues Paradis
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
I strongly recommand it to anyone. Great player, great ambiance and always a large variety of games.

Je le recommande fortemment. De très bon jeux, de très bon joueurs et une excellente ambiance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ani
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Until what time do guys stay? I have a study group on Saturday. I figured since I'll be at Concordia on a Saturday anyway, I might as well pop by and see what the group is all about. I don't know if I would actually have time to play since I do have to study.
Oh, and are there any women in the group? I would feel awfully uncomfortable walking into room full of men. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Condoroussis
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Ani,

Play time really varies, we play till between 6pm and 1am. It really depends who is there so feel free to pass by and see if anyone is still around depending on what time your study group ends. We play on the 7th floor of the hall building, near the Peoples Potato.
As for women, yes there are women in the group, but maybe not at every meeting. We are mostly men, but I would say about 15% are women but some meetings there are only men. Week to week there are different people, usually the yahoo group posts can help you determine who will be there, but then again, many people do not post and just show up when they can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Condoroussis
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all. A note that we have gone back to meeting on the first and third Saturdays of each month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Condoroussis
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to update this, we are still going strong at the Concordia gaming group, I believe we are up to 10 years of being active.

All are welcome (nous sommes bilingues), we play on the first and third Saturday of each month on the 7th floor of the Hall Building (1455 de Maisonneuve). Just as a small example at our last two sessions we played:

Kanban: Automotive Revolution
Battlestar Galactica;
Castles of Mad King Ludwig
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
Steam over Holland
Grand Illusion: Mirage of Glory, 1914
Jaipur
Plateau
Port Royal
Tigris & Euphrates
Deus
Tiny Epic Galaxies
Age of War
The Great Heartland Hauling Co.
Coin Age
Tichu
Ginkgopolis
Star Realms

For more details visit our group page on Yahoo:

https://ca.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Montreal_Boardgames_M...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yvan Duong
Canada
flag msg tools
Interesting, especially since it is near a metro station which is easily accessible.

How does it work?
You simply pop up and join a table for a game?
Who provides the board games? If it's a whoever has any, I have a few I could bring haha if I pass by

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Condoroussis
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Yvan,

Indeed it is very accessible, you don't even need to go outside in the winter as the Guy metro is connected to the building underground. We start at 1pm, best to arrive at 1pm to ensure you don't have to wait for other games to finish, but you can come any time. We play till between 6pm and 11pm. You are free to bring any games you want to play or just join in on what others brought which includes all types of games (you can see the detail of games we play i the database section of the Yahoo groups site).

Hope to see you there.
Michel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.