Subject: Axis supply trace rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew McConnell
United Kingdom
Montrose
UK
flag msg tools
The game specific rules Vol I, 3.7a Supply, states that the Axis player cannot use hex A19.35 as a trace supply source until 01 March 1941. Does this mean that all units positioned West of Benghazi up until that point would have to trace to Benghazi as their nearest eligible port for trace supply? This means that if Benghazi falls all Axis units west at that point are OoS and subject to attrition? This seems a bit severe, expecting the Italians to hold Benghazi until March '41. Am I reading the rule correct?

Thanks,

AMAC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct.

There is no point in the Italians retreating to anywhere west of Benghazi in any case, as they are not allowed to leave the map once on it until the Germans show up.

Benghazi was captured in February 1941, and the whole map area was cleared of axis troops until Rommel showed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McConnell
United Kingdom
Montrose
UK
flag msg tools
Thanks. So i should expect to fight my way out of hex 19.35 with the DAK. tough assignment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sasuko tuk
Spain
flag msg tools
If the Axis occupies Bardia and Sollum ports, can use them to coastal shipping, although CW holds Tobruk?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Andrerson
United States
Hampton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Per DAK2 Exclusive rule 3.7a

"Neither player can use a port on the “other” side of Tobruk as a supply source if the enemy holds Tobruk (“other” side being east of it for the Axis and west of it for the Allies)".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sasuko tuk
Spain
flag msg tools
Thanks for reply.
I know that is not possible to use as supply source, but can unload SPs in port by coastal shipping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.