Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off (IMHO), I must say that the Cataclysm expansion is a welcome addition to the W:I experience -and that after purchasing it; I can't imagine ever playing this game again without it!

However, in spite of the fun (and it's simple rule set), there was a situation that popped up in yesterday's game which none of us 3 Players were sure about. Well, here goes...

In the event a player controls a Fulcrum, but does not have any other Units in play (other than 1 Legend) -can his Fulcrum still be channeled and/or defended by his Legend?

Thanks for all the help, and have fun playing !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max POWER
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, it definitely looks like the answer is no. "To channel a fulcrum, a player chooses an uncorrupted unit in his battlefield and places it on top of a fulcrum he controls."
"...the defending player may assign units in his battlefield to defend the fulcrum."
In both cases, the rules are clear on the fact that you need a UNIT in your battlefield. In many ways, legends are similar to units but in the end they are not units. Legends can't even defend their own capital zones without a special attachment to allow it. Sorry, that was an unnecessarily wordy way of saying "no".
Anyway, I love it too and can't wait to play again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input Max, you've mirrored my thoughts exactly (and in the end; that's the way we played it out). I appreciate your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.