United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
Not Oswald!!!
badge
Vic Mackey
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I simply play a saboteur from my hand onto any enemy ship anywhere on the board?

How do enemy ships remove a saboteur? Do they beam them away?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's how I understood it, too; you just play them from your hand and place the saboteurs on board of opposing ships. I'm currently working on a variant for this action, because I think that's a bit too easy.

The enemy can, if the card allows it, remove the saboteur and suffer the penalty written on the card. Additionally, the opposing player can beam saboteurs from ship to ship within his fleet (using an action).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
halbower wrote:
How do enemy ships remove a saboteur? Do they beam them away?

Two types of Saboteur card... Non-Espionage and Espionage... the enemy can get rid of the former but not the latter. And yes, they can be transported between enemy ships.

The enemy CAN discard a NON-ESPIONANGE saboteur at the cost of the action ability which would be put into effect upon discarding the card (the same as with discarding any other crew card) (i.e., for the enemy to discard 'Ruwon', he must remove three of his control tokens from play).

The enemy can NOT discard a ESPIONAGE saboteur. The Espionage ability can only be played by the player who placed the card. Thusly the card can not be discarded [by the enemy player].

When the enemy isn't willing to pay the cost to discard a Non-Espionage saboteur or is waiting for the Romulans to activate an Espionage saboteur, the saboteur may be transported between enemy ships. From the rules: "...may be the subject of enemy Transporter actions...", and [can be] "...Transported between ships of the same fleet..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.