Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim K
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually two questions:
1) When you take this tile do you keep it for the entire game or just one war?

2) Can I get both Indies Company tiles and use both in one area like India in one war? So I could basically use it twice per war? If I can it seems like a cheat.

3) Does anyone have a house rule on movement? Movement rules to colonies seem brutal.

I really do enjoy the game - its simple but it has plenty of agonizing choices to make.

Tim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Barnard
United Kingdom
Tadcaster
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
All aboard the 'B' Ark! Priority boarding for bankers and HR staff!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tim,

1. Trade tiles are permanent (unlike alliance tiles) so they are kept for the entire game.

2. Yes, you could use both if you are lucky enough to obtain them. Since they work in two regions (India and the East Indies) someone else will probably be trying to stop you getting both. Really depends on how the random counters come out.

3. Not personally. Movement is supposed to be quite brutal. During one game I lost four units due to bad rolls! You can always buy a navigation tile if you want to ensure no losses but do you really want to waste an action when you could be gaining a control token? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
East Indies Company
warmachine519 wrote:
Actually two questions:
1) When you take this tile do you keep it for the entire game or just one war?
All game, even if all your influence is eliminated and it become valueless.

Quote:
2) Can I get both Indies Company tiles and use both in one area like India in one war? So I could basically use it twice per war? If I can it seems like a cheat.
Yes. Rather a lot of Trade to be had. (France and Holland also had East India Companies)
Not sure what you are getting at here, companies provide income, not a combat advantage. Use them when you feel you have the maximum benefit, or if they prevent you taking unrest.

Quote:
3) Does anyone have a house rule on movement? Movement rules to colonies seem brutal.
Take Navigation, it's free. Normally you only lose a unit on a 1, followed by a 1 or 2; about a 6% chance.
Navigation removes the possibility of unit loss.

(Not brutal, realistic. Britain lost a fleet colliding with Cornwall once!)

Quote:
I really do enjoy the game - its simple but it has plenty of agonizing choices to make.
Certainly does - brilliant, but with the worst Wallace rules ever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.