Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hsieh
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is Elesium considered in-range for the zones adjacent to it for purposes of challenges and influnce contests?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nudd
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
John Hsieh wrote:
Is Elesium considered in-range for the zones adjacent to it for purposes of challenges and influnce contests?

Yes, treat it just like any other zone in this respect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
Huhn,

I just finished reading through the rules and I popped over here to ask this very question. I thought this was a little out of character for this universe - if you're in Elysium, you shouldn't be affecting challenges or influence attempts.

Oh well, if the designer says so... I guess it must be true. Seems odd, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Baumbach
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kozure -

Maybe I'm remembering this wrong since I don't have the books with me, but in the new World of Darkness Vampire, Elysium is where the politicking often occurs. It's a non-combat zone, but not a non-politics zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Maybe I'm remembering this wrong since I don't have the books with me, but in the new World of Darkness Vampire, Elysium is where the politicking often occurs. It's a non-combat zone, but not a non-politics zone.

Well, that's reflected in the rule that you only lose 1 personal prestige for Social and Mental challenges, but 3 personal prestige for physical challenges.

I re-checked the rule this evening - 5.3.1, page 6, right column, roughly paragraph 7: "Anyone who declares a player challenge against a target in Elysium (or if the challenger is in Elysium itself) loses personal prestige for breaking Kindred etiquette. If the challenge is social or mental, the challenger loses on personal prestige. If the challenge is physical, the challenger loses three personal prestige. This loss is applied on each challenge declared, whether it's successful or not."

That makes sense - I was about to make challenging out of Elysium have the same penalty as a house rule until I re-read and noticed the bolded section above - it's already an official rule. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.