Recommend
41 
 Thumb up
 Hide
84 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Shadows over the Empire» Forums » News

Subject: Shadows over the Empire on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
A Thief's Fortune - 18 June 2018 on Kickstarter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Hey everyone.

Shadows over the Empire is a brand new game from Babis Giannios that shares the thematic setting of Archon: Glory & Machination. A campaign will be launched on Kickstarter on September 15th 2013. The game is scheduled to be released in late October 2013 at Spiel 2013 in Essen-Germany. Backers will have the option to pick up the game a Essen or have it shipped to their location. Shipping will take place in November 2013. Fast much?

Stay tuned for more information on the campaign.
38 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Artipia Games,

please make a sucky, ugly, boring, broken game soon, and tell us about it up front. Because if you keep making beautiful, fun to play, awesome games I'll be forced to keep buying each and every one of them.

My girlfriend is already not amused.

Please help,

thanks
40 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now point me to the rules so that I may confirm my suspicions to throw more money at you.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmb
Will you have copies for sale in Essen or do we have to pre-order through Kickstarter?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
A Thief's Fortune - 18 June 2018 on Kickstarter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:
Will you have copies for sale in Essen or do we have to pre-order through Kickstarter?


The game will be available for sale at Spiel 2013 but as always, by pre-ordering through KS you will be getting all additional material generated by the campaign free of charge. Nothing is exclusive to backers though.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
A campaign will be launched on Kickstarter on September 15th 2013. The game is scheduled to be released in late October 2013 at Spiel 2013 in Essen-Germany.


How long is the kickstarter campaign going to run? If it doesn't launch until September 15th how is the game going to be in backers hands one month after that?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
A Thief's Fortune - 18 June 2018 on Kickstarter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
UniqueRabbit wrote:
3pod wrote:
A campaign will be launched on Kickstarter on September 15th 2013. The game is scheduled to be released in late October 2013 at Spiel 2013 in Essen-Germany.


How long is the kickstarter campaign going to run? If it doesn't launch until September 15th how is the game going to be in backers hands one month after that?


A production slot is already reserved with our manufacturer. Once the campaign reaches the low main goal we will set, the production will move on before the campaign closes. Any bonus material the campaign might generate will be produced on a separate small/quick print run.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Artipia,

I wonder if it's smart to start another campaign?
A lot of people are asking about their orders and waiting for them. There have been 3 KS campaigns already this year, with people received the Drum Roll orders just recently.

Also, communication could be improved, if I may say so. A lot of people are still asking questions in the comments section on the KS campaigns, but no response from Artipia. Just because the campaign is finished, you could still try to keep your backers informed and try to answer some questions.

I myself have had e-mails sent to Artipia with no response. More people are stating this.

I don't know. I love the Artipia Games and your customer service has been great, but since all the KS campaigns I wonder if Artipia is biting off more than they can chew?

Wouldn't it be wise to first deal with people still waiting on 2012 orders and finishing off all current KS campaigns to all backers/supporters/customers' satisfaction, before starting yet another KS?

I don't mean to sound all that negative, just thinking out loud here.

Thanks,

A (perhaps, slightly worried) Artipia supporter.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
A Thief's Fortune - 18 June 2018 on Kickstarter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
Dear Artipia,

I wonder if it's smart to start another campaign?
A lot of people are asking about their orders and waiting for them. There have been 3 KS campaigns already this year, with people received the Drum Roll orders just recently.

Also, communication could be improved, if I may say so. A lot of people are still asking questions in the comments section on the KS campaigns, but no response from Artipia. Just because the campaign is finished, you could still try to keep your backers informed and try to answer some questions.

I myself have had e-mails sent to Artipia with no response. More people are stating this.

I don't know. I love the Artipia Games and your customer service has been great, but since all the KS campaigns I wonder if Artipia is biting off more than they can chew?


Wouldn't it be wise to first deal with people still waiting on 2012 orders and finishing off all current KS campaigns to all backers/supporters/customers' satisfaction, before starting yet another KS?

I don't mean to sound all that negative, just thinking out loud here.

Thanks,

A (perhaps, slightly worried) Artipia supporter.


Dear Connor,

Thank you for the honest and sincere concern. The Drum Roll campaign is considered completed from our part since every game is on its way. There are no backer waiting for 2012 orders. There was a small number of backers who didn't receive their miniatures which was like 1/4 of their promo material and was/is being addressed for anyone who reports them missing. Saying that we have undelivered 2012 orders may give out the impression that many backers are still waiting for undelivered games which is not the case...

Recently our team has grown so communication is beginning to get better as well. We are as annoyed by past issues on this as you are.

The 2 remaining campaigns plus the one coming up have Spiel 2013 delivery with shipments going out soon after it.

We like to think positive and we hope we can soon convert your worry to trust

Thank you

22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
Whymme wrote:
Will you have copies for sale in Essen or do we have to pre-order through Kickstarter?


The game will be available for sale at Spiel 2013 but as always, by pre-ordering through KS you will be getting all additional material generated by the campaign free of charge. Nothing is exclusive to backers though.


Kickstarter isn't a pre-order site. Oh wait....



7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To me Artipia games have been instant-buys ever since I received and started to play Among The Stars.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
To me Artipia games have been instant-buys ever since I received and started to play Among The Stars.


To me it was different. I looked at Among the Stars and Briefcase on Indiegogo, didn't have any money when Briefcase was out, but then managed to get it together for AtS. I then saw the 'soon out of print' Drum Roll and the Artipia Pack deal, which was frankly amazing (and the later Artipia Pack with Archon didn't come close either in $/value), and since I was going to Essen first time ever, I decided on a Essen pickup to save on post. I immediately loved AtS, and started slowly appreciating Briefcase. Drum Roll sat on my shelf unopened, 'looking pretty', I almost gave it away as a present. Then I finally tried it out one fateful day, and now it's probably the most played game in my collection, thanks to the perfect balance of mid-complexity, high fun, mid-game time, beautiful art. Every Artipia has been instant buy since that day.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naum Mihajlovski
Macedonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay, when I asked Konstantinos on KS wether there'll be another game set in the universe of Archon, and when his hint was positive, even in my wildest dreams I couldn't imagine that such game will have so soon, and even be ready for this year's Spiel.

Oh boy, oh joy!

Can't wait for the KS campaign to start. And judging by the description the game sounds like tons of fun and tons of strategy. Love you Artipia.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naum Mihajlovski
Macedonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Less than two weeks to the KS campaign, and I'm dying to see some arttwork from SOtE! Especialy after I read that the game features oversized cards. Now only if Artipia would be so nice to share some art with us
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaap K
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 5 more days! arrrh

I hope the Essen price will be reasonable...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Hee
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Trying to find time to play...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jk_W wrote:
Only 5 more days! arrrh

I hope the Essen price will be reasonable...
Don't worry!
More than reasonable!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks beautiful (definitely backing). Any chance in a preview of the rulebook?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Jackson
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the kickstarter going to have a pledge level to back both this and Archon: Glory & Machination (which I annoyingly missed)

Thanks
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaap K
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
petejacko wrote:
Is the kickstarter going to have a pledge level to back both this and Archon: Glory & Machination (which I annoyingly missed)

Thanks

You will probably find out tomorrow
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naum Mihajlovski
Macedonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
petejacko wrote:
Is the kickstarter going to have a pledge level to back both this and Archon: Glory & Machination (which I annoyingly missed)


I bet it will.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, when is the kickstarter going to start? Are there going to be early bird pledges or is it okay to go to bed?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
A Thief's Fortune - 18 June 2018 on Kickstarter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The project may delay a while depending on KS's approval times. There will not be any early birds so don't worry about it.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
are we there yet?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Ferlendi
Indonesia
Jakarta Barat
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
are we there yet?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naum Mihajlovski
Macedonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Am I the only one checking KS every 15 mins for the start of the campaign?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.