Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Staber
Germany
Boeblingen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. Can Dracula play "customs search" if a hunter is jumping from eastern to western europe using "sense of emergency"? What about jumping from a sea zone to eastern / western europe?

2. Does "hypnosis" reveal the locations of vampires in Dracula's trail?

3. Can hunters form a group and use "sense of emergency" together? If yes: who pays the cost?

Thanks!

Matthias Staber

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Matthias Staber wrote:
2. Does "hypnosis" reveal the locations of vampires in Dracula's trail?

No.
Cards are very clear about revealing only the location (Newspaper Report), only the encounter (Local Rumors) or both (Hired Scouts).
Hypnosis reveals "only" Dracula's location and the Vampires on his trail (not their locations).

Have fun! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watkins
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
Quote:
Can Dracula play "customs search" if a hunter is jumping from eastern to western europe using "sense of emergency"? What about jumping from a sea zone to eastern / western europe?

You can play Customs Search in response to a Sense of Emergency so long as the starting and ending locations are different areas of Europe and the ending location had no encounters.

You can't play it when a hunter is moving among sea zones as sea zones are not technically part of Western or Eastern Europe. You would have to wait until the hunter Disembarked somewhere and then play it.

Quote:
Can hunters form a group and use "sense of emergency" together? If yes: who pays the cost

There is no official ruling on this as far as I know but based on the intent of Hunter groups (i.e. riding a train) I would say that yes this is legal. I'm less certain on the cost. I would lean towards every hunter paying the cost (after all they are all moving/warping) meaing they all also need to have enough health to do so. To me this seems to best keep the balance of the card.

I guess you could also argue that either the card's owning player only or the group's choice of hunter could pay the cost - but I personally like those rulings less. Really house rules at this point.

However if Dracula were to then play Customs search every Hunter in the group would lose their item cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.