Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed S.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I've just picked up some Mage Knight figures on discount at a local game store. I picked them up for the express purpose of converting them to use in Heroscape. I don't even get a chance to play that much, but it's a fun exercise to create armies for the game.

Does anyone know of an online database of figure conversions for Heroscape? I'm specifically looking for an easy-to-browse list of conversions from D&D Miniatures and Mage Knight. I've looked at HeroscapeHQ.com, but that site's really difficult to read at times.

Here are two conversions I've made, using dwarf figures from Mage Knight. I haven't determined their cost yet. Any suggestions?

Dwarven Berzerkers
FIGURES: Mage Knight "Dwarven Berzerkers"

NAME: Dwarven Berzerker
GENERAL: Jandar

COST: ???

RACE: Dwarf (c)
ARMYTYPE: Common Squad (2 figures)
CLASS: Warrior
BEHAVIOR: Relentless
SIZE: Medium (4)

LIFE: 1
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 3
DEFENSE: 5

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

"Bloodlust 15"
If a Dwarven Berzerker inflicts a wound on an enemy, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may attack with that Berzerker once more. This ability can only manifest once per turn.

"Bum Rush"
If the last three hexes moved are in a straight line without climbing, then the Dwarven Berzerker adds 2 dice to his first attack taken during this turn.

Dwarven Fusers
FIGURES: Mage Knight "Dwarven Fusers"

NAME: Dwarven Berzerker
GENERAL: Jandar

COST: ???

RACE: Dwarf (c)
ARMYTYPE: Common Squad (2 figures)
CLASS: Warrior
BEHAVIOR: Precise
SIZE: Medium (4)

LIFE: 1
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 6
ATTACK: 2
DEFENSE: 4

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

"Take Aim"
A Dwarven Fuser can choose not to move on his turn and instead gain an extra die on his attack roll.

"Point Blank"
When attacking an adjacent enemy, Dwarven Fusers always add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed,
I'd check out HeroscapeHQ.com in the Forums and find the Custom Units Thread. I've done the same thing you have and bought a bunch of MK figures on sale with intention of using them with HS. There are some threads on HeroscapeHQ where people have dedicated there playtested MK figures. The only trouble I have is getting their cards to print clearly. You do want to make sure they keep balance to the HS game because I think that is the beauty of what Hasbro has done with this so far - unlike MTG. When you find some things you play and like, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed S.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I don't know about you, but I find HeroscapeHQ a nightmare to read. The whole design is so cluttered. Despite that, I do look at the variants and customs there from time to time.

Balance is the key, isn't it? Luckily, if we overpower any figure we can just up the cost to compensate. That said, I try to model my special abilities after those that already exist on official HS cards. I haven't had a chance to play with any of my customs, but will make a posting if/when I do.

In any case, it's fun to convert them... if only to explore the game mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rathman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have quite a few Mage Knight figures, and I love converting them for Heroscape, if only for the fun of doing it. Hmm, perhaps I'll grab some of them when I'm home to grab Heroscape...
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Glennie
Canada
Regina
SK
flag msg tools
badge
How Wrin Bu Lai, Whai Wrin Bu Jwo!
mbmbmb
When I got my two Heroscape Basic sets one of the first things I did was go the the Heroscape site and print off the cards for most of the other figures (found under Strategy Tools - Army Builder) and then go through my collection of about 600 MageKnight figures and find the best substitutions.

After multiple plays my son and I have found that there are a few figures who are very powerful (Krug for instance) and others who just plain suck (the Minutemen) and others that are great only if you can roll like Lady Luck is in your pocket (Deadeye Dan).

But I am glad we found out this info. before I shelled out more cash for more figures! And no, this didn't stop me from buying more Heroscape figures - I am waiting for the giants set to drop a bit in price (probably after Christmas) so I can buy it. We get things so far behind you guys in the states - the Castle just got here this week!

We also use the Heroscape terrain for 3-D Batteltech - its the same size hex and a lot better than the paper maps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.