Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Changes are subtle, here's a list:

1. Substitutes named key commands in place of keystrokes. This should eliminate accidental triggering of background calculations.

2. Added Quick-Play scenario setup.

3. "Create Deck" buttons self-destruct after pressing them. Some users couldn't stop themselves from pressing more than once and accidentally creating an illegal deck.

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Andean_Abyss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Degi
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Joel,

These changes are great! Thanks!

Any chance of being able to click on an empty "base circle" and automatically building a base?

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bdegi wrote:
Hi Joel,

These changes are great! Thanks!

Any chance of being able to click on an empty "base circle" and automatically building a base?

Cheers!

Eventually... It's a bit of programming. You see, for the other bits, they're all in the same place, so the dispatch feature is real simple and efficient. For the Bases, however, I will need to get a running global property that keeps track of the identity and exact location of the next base to be placed. It's not hard to do necessarily but there's already a LOT of stuff going on in the background that is making the Cuba Libre and A Distant Plain mods run just a tad sluggish so I'm holding off on this while I work on improving overall performance. Adding this new feature might slow the mod down noticeably more.

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Joel!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Joel,

Great work on these COIN modules. I have a quick suggestion that shouldn't take too long to program.

what about having a scoreboard which shows how close to each faction is to their victory conditions? it might help new players to I know when the other players or the bots are close to winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean something that shows you at-a-glance the victory margins?

i.e. some display that looks like this:

GOVT Victory margin = w
FARC Victory margin = x
AUC Victory margin = y
Cartels Victory margine = z

I confess that this may seem somewhat redundant as the ergonomic layout of the board has been designed to do this dynamically. But if players would find this implementation useful, I can try and work it into a future update.

Let me know!

-Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome update Joel! Amazing work.well done. Thanks for including the Quick Play scenario too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.