Subject: Landscapes, Cities, and Cloisters Oh My! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is my first "euro game". Until now, most of the board games I have purchased can be found at your local Toys R' Us, Target, or Kmart.

Carcassonne is a fun game that can be completed in 30-40 minutes. The artwork is colorful and well done. The tiles are of a higher quality than what I was expecting. They are made from thick dense card material that won't bend or crease. There is a textured plastic coating on the tiles that prevents the artwork from peeling away from the tiles. The Followers (Meeples) are made of wood instead of plastic. The quality of the game is high in my opinion.

Game play is very simple, but takes decision making because you only have 7 Meeples to use. You don't want to lock them all up on the board or you won't be able to take advantage of scoring opportunities as the game progresses.

In addition to Carcassonne being a fun, clever game in and of itself, additional enjoyment comes from watching the cities, roads, and fields take shape as the game progresses.

This is one of my favorite games. If you don't own it, I suggest that you add it to your collection. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.