Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CJ
United States
Beaver Dam
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just getting into this game (just have the core set and am picking up a few expansions) and wondering how most of you store your cards. Are there any Game of Thrones deck boxes out there? I will probably sleeve the cards but wondering if anyone had any suggestions beyond that. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
cjv5 wrote:
I am just getting into this game (just have the core set and am picking up a few expansions) and wondering how most of you store your cards. Are there any Game of Thrones deck boxes out there? I will probably sleeve the cards but wondering if anyone had any suggestions beyond that. Thanks.

I keep mine in a bunch of 3-ring binders in card sleeves. One for each house; one for neutrals; one for plot cards and agendas (agendae?). I used to have them in the long card storage things but it wasn't as easy to flip through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are made out of money, FFG has some really nice card sleeves and their deck boxes (with the compartment on the bottom for counters) have a front bit to hold a representative card. Pretty nice for the game.

OTOH, if money is an object - I might recommend looking around thrift stores for wooden wine boxes. You know the kind they use for nice bottles. For some reason people donate the empty box to thrifts. With little or no modification they make really nice and really sturdy card cases.

Here's an example of one I made for my LotR set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Cervantes
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I buy Dragon Shields and store the cards in the deck boxes they come with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Zembrzuski
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use these.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1321087/a-game-of-thrones...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Makos
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what you need - these Series 5 inserts are absolutely *superb*. I currently have three of them and they hold the entire AGoT cardpool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dany Simard
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Serie 5!!! Same thing for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United States
Beaver Dam
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United States
Beaver Dam
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cockbongo wrote:
This is what you need - these Series 5 inserts are absolutely *superb*. I currently have three of them and they hold the entire AGoT cardpool.

Whoa. Those are cool. I gave in and ordered a set this morning. Thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cockbongo wrote:

As fantastic as those may be, personally I can't justify spending $135 on card inserts. Almost as much as I've spent on the game itself! surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
I feel no need to spend that much on storage, so i'm just using the BCW cardboard boxes and some plastic dividers:
http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/trading-card-boxes/shoe-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.