Subject: Quick Comments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I owned this game as a kid in the 70's so I am ranking this from a child’s perspective.

I played this game many times with family and friends. I remember bringing it to elementary school several times to play with friends during playtime (Those were the days).

I just thought it was a fun game. What kid doesn't like planets, rockets, and astronauts? It was just a blast (yes, pun intended) to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Wagoner
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The BGG page cites 1952 as a publication date. But since it has a rather good rendering of the Lunar Module on the box, I'd say it was published a bit later than that.

Rick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Winfrey
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked this one up today because I saw one for upcoming auction at a local house. The date on the (small, card-sized) box was 1952, and the graphic showed some dude in rocket pack and tights blasting off from Earth...much more fifties, in other words. Early fifties. LM copy mentioned above must be a later reprint or later edition? Seems probable it's the same game, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy's got the Apollo 11 scene on the cover, with a 1969 copyright date. My guess is that they issued a new cover to catch the publicity wave, but didn't change any of the other components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1952 edition:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently more than one, too:

Thanks for posting -- I didn't even notice that someone had put up pictures of the older edition.

It's too bad this game never got back into print, as my kids used to love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Gauthier
United States
Monticello
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game in the 70s also. I remember enjoying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.