Figo 3434
msg tools
1. Pickpocket's shadow effect reads: Defending player discards 1 of his attachments. (Discard all of his attachments instead if undefended.)
It says nothing about control, so can you discard Local trouble?

2. Harbor Thug reads: Forced: When the player whose hero has Alcaron's Scroll attached raises his threat, Harbor Thug engages that player.
So you can attach the scroll to Boromir (tactics), commit him to the quest, then ready him for +1 threat before or after the staging step and engage the 2 or more harbor thugs right away, not having to count their threat? Feels like that would make the setup threat a bit too easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Figo3434 wrote:
1. Pickpocket's shadow effect reads: Defending player discards 1 of his attachments. (Discard all of his attachments instead if undefended.)

I wish. Local Trouble is a Condition.

2. Harbor Thug reads: Forced: When the player whose hero has Alcaron's Scroll attached raises his threat, Harbor Thug engages that player.
So you can attach the scroll to Boromir (tactics), commit him to the quest, then ready him for +1 threat before or after the staging step and engage the 2 or more harbor thugs right away, not having to count their threat? Feels like that would make the setup threat a bit too easy.

Yes. Far as I can tell, you can ready and re-ready Boromir ad infinitum, barring you die from threat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Addison Fox
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
thesmallman wrote:

I wish. Local Trouble is a Condition.

Conditions ARE attachments. I still don't know if it's kosher, since I think it's in the spirit of the rules to mean an attachment you control, but since it doesn't say that, I say go for it until it gets errataed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alogos teeheehee
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Figo3434 wrote:

It says "defending player discards HIS attachments", I think it means attachments the defending player controls... (the word control was added in the french version ^^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.