Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's available out there for large, multi-player maps for this game? Fan-made PDFs? Was there anything official from the company? What about such large maps, already printed out and ready to go? Anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Team Covenant shop maps were the only 4 player ones I know of. There are 4 of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have access to scanner/printers big enough you could try something like this.

Two copies of Smashville match up quite well. We have played four player free for alls, and two players a side team games on this map.

Not having room for the dice wells/unit pool on the side of the map meant I had to make these though.

It looks good with buildings in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah H
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played them but from what I understand the oversized maps can get rather dull as there is so much space to play cat and mouse.

Here are some custom large maps for around $45 each. LINK TO STORE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
Give it up.

Seriously, I got big into map-making for a while and I made a 4-player map that was the size of 2 2-player maps, and it was HELL for the units to get anywhere. Only G1s could get anywhere, took 3-4 turns to do it, and got shot down as soon as they arrived.

Then I made it 23x23 squares and it was still too big. Then I tried 21x21 and it was STILL too big. Monsters far outpaced their support, or else people had massive power bases that left them sitting on 10 dice, saying "come at me, bro!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Every Board Game I Reach Is Dead"
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb

This is my custom made 4 player map. Constructed from two or three Block War Maps, chopped up and stuck back together with a glue stick- looks and works great, and took great care to ensure the spawn and objective spaces are equal for all players. more or less. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
I re-added my 3- and 4-player maps to the custom map thread. Enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.