Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's everyone's favorite solo missions to play? Been playing Wanda's Revenge and Lost, but am curious to hear other's favorites for solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kaercher
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most fun I've had playing solo has been Y-Zone (not necessary, but recommended for the xp and weapons) followed by Under Siege.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not played solo a huge amount, however when I next do I plan to play City Blocks, because I like my Zombicide to be brutal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vegel C
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Ex Nihilo wrote:
The most fun I've had playing solo has been Y-Zone (not necessary, but recommended for the xp and weapons) followed by Under Siege.

I like playing both but I think once I know that there's a follow-up on YZone I'd gear up and then Under Siege became too easy.

(here's my blog entry on it in case you are interested:
http://51-cent.blogspot.in/2013/07/ReportS02.html)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vegel C
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
I like S09 Might makes Right, although I never manage to win it I still like playing it.
when I play solo, I have to set up all 6 survivors, set up the board, set up the table etc. With this small map it and limit on survivors it is a lot easier for me to set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex de Burgh
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest using the normal set up for scenarios (six survivors) as most missions were designed for six survivors. I divide them in to two groups of three so that one group must all take their actions before the other (same as a two player game). This way you can play any of the missions without the big disadvantage of being down two survivors.

Not a mission suggestion, but thought I'd share how I play solo - It helps me judge the difficulty of missions on the same level as when I'm playing with others too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freemanaj86 wrote:
I would suggest using the normal set up for scenarios (six survivors) as most missions were designed for six survivors. I divide them in to two groups of three so that one group must all take their actions before the other (same as a two player game). This way you can play any of the missions without the big disadvantage of being down two survivors.

Not a mission suggestion, but thought I'd share how I play solo - It helps me judge the difficulty of missions on the same level as when I'm playing with others too.

I mostly play two player but we do something similar with regards to fixing the order but take it even further. We fix the survivor order before we start by writing the names down in a list then moving the first player token down the list. This stimulates what would happen in a six player game and could easily be done for solo as well. I find when you get to choose activation order (even with the two groups of three suggestion) it's easier so prefer to add in the extra layer of difficulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the Zombicide app and leverage the action buttons to maintain turn order throughout the game. I couldn't imagine playing solo without the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Elrick
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it counts as a scenario, the campaign. I love campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snappleman wrote:
If it counts as a scenario, the campaign. I love campaigns.

Switch City?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.