Danielle Anner
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
“A sense of humor...is superior to any religion so far devised.” ― Tom Robbins
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with four people, Dee(me), Ruth, Don and Rachel. Dee had never played before, so after the rules were explained, we were on our way.
Ruth was the uncontested 'champion' of this game, so she had alot to live up to. We all had a decent start, but after the first round Rachel had the most pegs and never gave up the lead. Ruth got vexxed by a troll in the first round and had to end up using junk to make her last move. Dee followed Rachel north into the mountains and Don and Ruth headed west through the heart of the map.
On the second round Ruth got stuck because of Don's 'poor tile placement.' Rachel took a due South detour and ended up alone in the desert. Dee was also all alone on the Western border so noone interfered with her tile placement and it was an easy ride down south.
The next round things got tough. Noone seemed to get the card/tile combination they were looking for and the only tile choices at one point were troll or wind. Everything was up to chance and noone did very well. Except Rachel, who just kept going.
In the end, Dee made a desperate dash back to the eastern border to pick up her very lonely pegs, Ruth all but gave up and Rachel's goal was to pick up her 4 remaining pegs, all grouped together quite nicely. Don and Dee desperately put the double log smackdown on Rachel and Rachel retaliated with a log in Dee's path. Rachel and Don tied for 15 and Dee and Ruth ended up with 11.

Fun game, but everyone seemed to agree that it's better with 6. Ruth wants a rematch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Geerkin
United States
Eden
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So where Hoity Toity?

This is cool that you are writing up session reports. You're a better person than I am, I'm too lazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.