Danielle Anner
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
“A sense of humor...is superior to any religion so far devised.” ― Tom Robbins
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Werewolf Party town where everyone dances for thier lives and the Gallows is a large statue of John Travolta in the village square. Our Mayor also refers to himself as the Grand Master of Funk, or GMOF for short.

This game was played by the Buffalo Board Games group and consisted of 9 players, whose roles are revealed here in advance:

Kevin: Moderator and first to die
Dee: Wolf
Joe: Wolf
Jenna: Seer
Bobbie: Sorcerer
April: Hunter
Laurie: Villager
Don: Villager
Scott: Villager
Doug: Villager (GMOF)

The first thing Dee and Joe did was craft a strategy to kill the mayor. He was always dancing and analysing everything and he had to go. But first there was a lynch to attend to. Doug placed a meta vote on Bobbie and eventually everyone followed due to her inability to defend herself because of some reallife food poisoning. She was face to face with John Travolta and tried to cast a spell that ultimately fizzled.

When it was revealed that Bobbie was the sorceror, the wolves felt like they had taken a hit. They retaliated by eating the Grand Master of Funk and the village woke up to a bit of silence. In Scott's words, "evil loves a silent village indeed." Don suggested that everyone get down in the Mayor's honor so most of us did.

Scott then began to draw suspicion because he wrote many, many words of analysis that everbody understood and appreciated but saw as a smokescreen. He began to then cast suspicion on April and because April was largely unavailable during the day, she too faced John Travolta. That was fine by the wolves because they were the only ones that took her hints that she was the Hunter.
Right before April went down though, Jenna the Seer revealed! There were no counter reveals, and she declared Don and Laurie safe. That was unfortunate for Dee, Joe and the innocent Scott, the only non-safes left after Jenna met her unfortunate demise due to wolf bites on Night 2.

That left Laurie and Don with a difficult decision to make while they were disco dancing to the song "I've Been Declared Safe by the Seer." At first, they made the correct decision to lynch the wordy Scott. They had had enough of Scott's missives and protestations and it was time to string him up. Scott didn't stop though, he kept going and going, protesting his innocence, and finally managed to sway Don and Laurie to move their votes. They split down the middle and voted Dee to be strung up at last. The jig was almost up and it was down to Joe and Scott, but not before Don met his demise that night.
The next day only Joe, Scott and Laure were left. Here's how it ended, quoting our Moderator Kevin who did a fine job:

The village hangs in the balance... Laurie has to make the right decision as her life and the lives in other villages depend on it. If she chooses wrong a most cunning werewolf will survive to devour her and then move to another town spreading his death and destruction... It was a difficult day for Laurie. Who can she trust? Scott begs he is a villager and Joe should be lynched, while Joe countered the same claiming Scott should be lynched. As the day draws long, Laurie finally decided who will be the last lynched villager... she prays she made the right decision and chose:

Joe.

With a superlative display of voting logic, Scott finally convinced Laurie that Joe was a werewolf. They feared, however, he would be difficult to kill and the Travolta statue was destroyed so Laurie and Scott had to find another means of killing off Joe. Laurie recalled some poison powder in Bobbie's house, not knowing why she had it at the time. Scott agreed, poisoning Joe was the safest way. So Laurie stealthfully acquired the poison and mixed three celebratory drinks. She said, "I have a toast to make! I know who I have decided we should lynch today." Joe and Scott both cheered as finally Laurie had made her decision. All three quaffed their drinks and Laurie exclaimed, "Joe will be lynched!" Joe laughed and replied, "You and what army! Ha Ha. I am the werewolf and will kill you both since you are unarmed!" With that Joe turned into a large and terrible werewolf, towering over both Scott and Laurie saying, "You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is: "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But, only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line! Ha Ha Ha! You did not know I was Sicilian did you! *laugh* *laugh* *laugh*.... *CROAK*" As Joe fell lifeless mid-laugh, with the poison taking it's full effect. Scott exclaimed, "For a minute there, I thought you mixed up the drinks!" Laurie replied, "I didn't think it would take that long either! But we did it and killed the last werewolf! Party on Scott!" Scott, "Party on Laurie!" And they lived happily ever after...

Bizarro Ending...

Scott.

With the Travolta statue destroyed, there was only one place left to do this evil deed... yes, it has to be... on the edge of town at the White Cliffs of Dover. Not even a werewolf would survive such a fall. So Laurie, Scott and Joe solemnly walked to the edge of town at the precipices of the cliffs. Laurie and Joe loaded their rifles with silver bullets and told Scott it is now time for him to end it all... "Jump to your death so we can rid this land of it's last real werewolf!" But Scott had a few last words, "What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain. The real werewolf stands but a few paces next to you. I am sorry you chose this, so I bid you farewell...

Farewell! a long farewell, to all my greatness!
This is the state of man: today he puts forth
The tender leaves of hope; tomorrow blossoms,
And bears his blushing honours thick upon him;
The third day comes a frost, a killing frost.
And when he thinks, good easy man, full surely
His greatness is a-ripening, nips his root,
And then he falls, as I do. I have ventured,
Like little wanton boys that swim on bladders,
This many summers in a sea of glory,
But far beyond my depth: my high-blown pride
At length broke under me and now has left me,
Weary and old with service, to the mercy
Of a rude stream, that must for ever hide me.
Vain pomp and glory of this world, I hate ye:
I feel my heart new open'd. O, how wretch'd
Is that poor man that hangs on princes' favours!
There is, betwixt that smile we would aspire to,
That sweet aspect of princes, and their ruin,
More pangs and fears than wars or women have:
And when he falls, he falls like Lucifer, ......." *BANG*

As a shot rang through the air and Scott fell backwards over the cliff. Laurie looked with surprise to her left to see Joe's smoking gun. Joe replied, "What? Were we going to let him talk all night? Enough already... I'm hungry!" And with that Joe transformed into a large and terrible werewolf. He ripped Laurie rifle from her hands, throwing it over the cliff. Then he grabbed her by the neck and raised her frightened body off the ground, saying "I am Locutus of Warg. Resistance is futile." With that he bit her neck... but low, not to kill her, but to turn her! The next morning Laurie awoke feeling full of energy and with a tremendous hunger. Sitting next to her was Joe and she knew what she now was... Joe said, "Guess it's about time we head on to the next town." Laurie agreed saying, "Yes, we should spread the gift our sorcerer gave you to many more towns! Party on, Joe!" Joe, "Party on, Laurie!" As they began their walk hand in hand to the next village...

And so it ended. Being a wolf was fun, and I'm in another one right now but to my relief I am not a wolf and that's fine for me. Being a wolf is hard work...exhausting, even!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.