Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Ryan
United States
Far southwest
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
March 1 (Kent, Washington)--Veteran game designer, writer, graphic designer, and 18-year hobby game industry insider Charles Ryan (http://www.pen-paper.net/rpgdb.php?op=showcreator&creatorid=...) will, for the first time, make available to the public a portion of his huge collection of game-related memorabilia. Highlights of the sale include such rare and one-of-a-kind items as the bronze dedication plaque from Milwaukee's MECCA center (longtime home to Gen Con), rare miniature prototypes, working galley copies of roleplaying games complete with original designer's notes, and original artwork by Charles and other illustrators.

Also included in the sale are copies of prized and hard-to-find games, such as Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium, a mint-condition 1982 D&D red box Basic Game in French, still in its original shrink wrap, and an unpunched copy of Avalon Hill's highly sought-after 1982 classic Titan.

The sale will occur through a series of auctions on eBay beginning March 7 and running through the month. Additional details on the sale can be found at http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam....

"I've been in the industry a long time; over the years I've really enjoyed collecting cool bits of gaming history," commented Charles. "As much as I love it, though, it's time to make a little room in my life for other things, like my children--and, of course, more games!"

Over a span of 18 years, Charles's career in the hobby game industry has included work as a designer, writer, editor, and graphic designer, as well as Brand Manager for DUNGEONS & DRAGONS. He has been a lead designer or major contributor to games such as d20 Modern, Deadlands, Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium, Dungeons & Dragons, Millennium's End, the Star Trek Roleplaying Game, the Star Wars Roleplaying Game, The Babylon Project, and the Wheel of Time Roleplaying Game, among many others. Charles is the recipient of one Origins Award and has been nominated for over a dozen more in categories including fiction, game design, and graphic design. He was the Chairman of the Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design from 1995 - 2000.

###

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Geez. Couldn't you have just had a garage sale so us Seattle folks could get a deal?! We'll be eaten alive on eBay.

Should be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you advertised this on the aceaum yet? You would probably get a better tutnout:

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/forum-3.html

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.