Subject: Geschenkt: YES Thanks! Laugh Out Loud Funny rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played No Thanks! (Geschenkt) this weekend...and almost split my side laughing. Just learning it, playing with three guys, as we played and began to realize strategies...how 'winning' a nice linked set amounts to a loss after all...getting excited about grabbing a card negated by a lower consecutive card, then realizing at the end I had all the cards...I still laugh out loud about it. It's such a simple game, yet such a funny expose' of human nature...and a reversal of traditional card game stradegy...too funny. Buy it if you want some laughs. Or maybe I'm just odd.

Anybody else fallen out laughing over Geschenkt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Bee
United States
Marin County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bookgnome wrote:
...how 'winning' a nice linked set amounts to a loss after all...

How does this amount to a loss? Acquiring consecutively linked cards is the best way to avoid racking up points while conserving your chips.

I agree with you, it's a great game with a unique mechanic... but it never occured to me that humor was attribute of this game. But hey, anything that can make you laugh is always a good thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with the new version is the BEST name for the game is the "International" Edition published in Europe: No Mercí!

Can't beat the double language pun! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.