Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to play this game as a child in the early 80's in Brazil.

The box contained six plastic cars of different colors, a board representing a race track, a deck of cards.

The game was quite easy. There were 3 teams: black/white, green/yellow and red/blue cars. If 2 or 3 players were playing, each would play 2 cars (a team each); with 4-6 players, each would play 1 car and each player on a team would add their points together to see what team won (2 players would win). I am not sure what happened when 5 players were playing.

The objective was to have the team to score the most points after 1 lap. 1st-6pts and then 1 less point each til the 6th got 1 point.

Each player had a hand of cards and would play 1 card per turn. Each card had 6 colored circles and each car could move as many spaces as circles of the car's color on the card that was just played. So, several players could move after one player played his card. Some cards had a few stars instead of colors, and these stars/spaces could be assigned to any color by the player playing the card. The pole-position also gained 4 extra stars. So, it was a big advantage to draw many stars.

The curves had a maximum allowed speed and if it was exceeded, the cars would spin and lose turns. There were also rules for collisions.

The game as very flawed since it made a reasonable difference to draw more or less stars. There were several tactical decisions on how to maximize your good cards and try to waste the cards that you had and would benefit other players. This was a fun game to play as a child. It went OOP very quickly and it is probably near impossible to get a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Pimentel
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did find a copy today by chance. It was lost at an anime store. I can`t hardly wait to play again. I hope it wont destroy my good memories.

LĂșcio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.