Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just about to do a AdamSpielt order, and am tempted to add Chinesische Mauer to the order, but I can't find any pictures anywhere except for the box art. Does anyone know if it's language independent?

P.S. Any other suggestions for new games (including kids games)presently only available in Germany? Most of the games I was going to go for are getting less than stellar reviews (Celtica, Nottingham, Aquadukt, California, Um Ru(h)m und Ehre)... I'll probably go for Um Krone und Kragen and Diabolo, but other suggestions would be very helpful!

Cheers,
Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
We got California earlier this week, we've played it a couple of times and really enjoyed it.

Yes .... there's not a lot new there.

On your turn, you decide between getting some extra cash (and making ecerything cheaper for everyone else) or buying and placing a tile at the current price.

But ... I don't know if its the theme or the artwork (a bit like the furniture in The Sims), but we just enjoy playing it.

Haven't seen Chinesische Mauer yet ... arriving next week.

Cheers,

Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
My bet is that it's language independent. I ordered it today.

I think I've only seen one photo (http://www.reich-der-spiele.de/specials/Nuernberg2006-NeuesI...) but the boardgamenews description and this photo was enough for me.

I also ordered Jericho, Thurn und Taxis, Aton and the new bakelite Hive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ausburg 1503, Thurn and Taxis, Aton, California, Bison, Fischmarket, a few others, check out the nuremburg pages that was mentioned earlier. Wall builder(masons) by colovini if you enjoy his abstracts. Black elephant is a hard to get 2-player game that costs $99. Not sure if is worth it, but it is a hard one to find in the states.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Curatolo
Belgium
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmb
First sorry for my english...blush
Chinesische Mauer is completely language independent.
This little card game remind me a lot the tile game "Samuraï" per his tactical system, giving the same feeling, but without the weird score system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angelo wrote:
First sorry for my english...blush
Chinesische Mauer is completely language independent.
This little card game remind me a lot the tile game "Samuraï" per his tactical system, giving the same feeling, but without the weird score system.

You got one word wrong out of that whole paragraph. Welcome to the states, you have the language down better than most who live here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for your help, everyone... you've pointed out a few games that I'd missed so I've added those (shopping at Adam Spielt is even worse than shopping at Amazon for that just-one-more-in-the-basket feeling...)

Angelo: votre anglais est plus bon que ma francais, comme vous pouvez voir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betty Egan
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aton is a nice little 2-player game.
Celtica I would consider more or a kids game, or atleast family game.
Don't forget to check out the sale items at Milan (Angebote)! they have a few good oldies at some good prices.
Betty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
Black elephant is a hard to get 2-player game that costs $99. Not sure if is worth it, but it is a hard one to find in the states.

http://www.milan-spiele.de/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid...

only 75 Euros....deduct the 16% sales tax....add 4% PayPal...add a few cheap games thatyou can sell over here....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BettyEgan wrote:
Aton is a nice little 2-player game.
Celtica I would consider more or a kids game, or atleast family game.
Don't forget to check out the sale items at Milan (Angebote)! they have a few good oldies at some good prices.
Betty

After reading the spielbox review of Celtica, I thought it would make a good kid's game. But someone else told me it's not even good for that...

Sad, because the production value seems high. Well, if it flops, then we can probably pick it up cheap next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kids' games: Schildkroetenrennen, Kleine Fische, Flix Mix, and Ubongo. All are fun for adults as well. Last two are probably technically not kids' games but can be played by non-readers (although the speed element in each may call for a bit of (easily-accomplished) handicapping).

And there are a couple of expansions I haven't found seen here: Flaschengeist (for Geistertreppe/Spooky Stairs) and Frische Luft fuer de Gruft for Dawn Under. In both cases, the base games are available in the US.

Last time I looked, Mago Magino (timewellspent), Bunte Runde (gamesurplus), Hexenrennen (funagain), and Geister! (boulder) were currently in stock at US online retailers. But if that's not the case, those are also worth considering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.