Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie» Forums » General

Subject: Help Pick a 1500 point army.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alan woods
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My friend and i usually play with huge armies in games that take about 4 hours to finish.

Anyone have any recommendations of a dream 1500 point squad??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I would do 12 minions and Taelord.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jormi_Boced wrote:
I would do 12 minions and Taelord.

Unfortunately that would be expensive to buy.
I'm also interested, but would like to use my existing figures which is only 2 of everything.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Kelda
Me-Burq-Sa
Charos
Taelord
Raylin
Saylind
Minions
4th line massachusets

Some were along these lines... My friends do the same thing.

Your main focus is moving Charos to the front lines haveing taelord and raylind boost him up. Keep Kelda safe with the minions and Me-Burq-Sa and have Saylind next to her. With M-B-S find the lodin glyph (If you play with it) Use saylind to teleport Charos if he is about to die. Heal with Kelda and send him back out.

You can also use the 4th line to climb and power them up with raylin and taeord. and use there wait then fire abillity to pick off troublesom units. Also, M-B-S is used for taking out Cravmags and sentinals. Protect him!

You might also use some Marreden hounds for the obvious resone of taking out weaker foes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
1500 points!? How much rounds does it take to finish the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
It really depends on how good you are... It could last up to 6 hours But if your really good only 2 hours are needed. I need at least 3-4 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan woods
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Large point battles are the way to go. It usually takes us about 5 hours to finish a 1500-1600 point game. We don't play with glyphs because they can upset the balance way too quickly. We also allow a move turn and an attack turn, which helps speed the game up and also makes more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I usually play with glyphs to make the game more interesting! But I also play with out too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Well, usually I play short 300 point games, because I always know who my opponent is going to pick: Charos. You see, because of his really high life and 5 attack and defence all of my opponents take him as if he were a bucket full of money. I've devised soooo much 300 point strategys to kill him it's not even funny. I only go up to 1000, but eventually everyone gets tired of playing because it always goes like this, "*Yawn* Ok, my turn. Oh look I just killed your Charos. Yay. Does anyone want to watch a candle melt?" Everyone: "Yes!"
You see, I play 300 point games because the sense of slaughtering all of your opponents figures comes a lot quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Of coarse if you play with the right charicters a 2000 point army could be decimated with in 2 rounds! I just did that today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.