Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
With the weather being so snowy all day, most everyone decided to head out early. But Michael expressed some interest in further gaming. I suggested Kontor, and so we began harbor building.

I'm sure I've explained this game in prior posts. Players build the harbor of Amsterdam, and try to establish the largest distribution centers on the five largest islands in the harbor.

I explained the rules to Michael, skipping directly to the advanced game. After completing most of the first game, Michael was exclaiming that he was beginning to see more of the options and strategy involved. So we decided to play again immediately after we finished the first game.

Michael made especially good use of the Harbor Patrol, tearing down many of my docks. He was able to foil my attempt to connect two separate islands. This proved important, as if I had been successful, he would have lost a valuable victory point. As it was, Michael nosed me out both games by a score of 3-2.

Ratings: Kevin 4 stars Michael 3.75 stars

Next week we begin a new year of Tuesday Night gaming! Perhaps we should consider renaming ourselves? Any suggestions out there? Tuesday Night Gamers is just something that got created when I named my e-mail distribution list. Maybe we could craft something a bit more cunning? What do you think?

Anyway, next week I will circulate a year-end report for our informal club, listing the games we've played, how we've rated them, etc. See you Jan. 2nd!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.