Subject: Quick question about Princes of Florence rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Klimek
United States
Dickson City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I just got Princes of Florence and have read through the rules but I'm a bit confused on the very last page of the rulebook where it shows the bonus cards(...or is it the second to last page?).

For example, one bonus card might say "For each Forest, add 2 WV", but then underneath that description it will show (add 4 WV).

What the heck does that mean? I'm sorry if I'm not using the exact wording but I'm at work and intend to play this game tonight with friends so I'd like to get this straightened out before we play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bond
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactley sure (as I'm not looking at the rules here), but if it says "For each Forest, add 2 WV" and it shows 4 WV then I expect the player in the example has 2 Forests (2 WV for each Forest on their board).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
For example, one bonus card might say "For each Forest, add 2 WV", but then underneath that description it will show (add 4 WV).

Before (above) the list of cards, there is an example holding of one player. He owns two forests, one sea, no park, two freedoms, ..
The 'add 4 WV' is the effect of the card for this player.

edit: spelling errors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Downin
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah. You play the Bonus card when you complete a work (i.e. Play a profession/Recruiting card as one of your two actions). The Bonus card affects the WV of the work.

In your instance, the work would get an additional 2 WV for each forest you have in your villa.

The 4 WV was most likely from an example given in the rule book of a player who had 2 forests in his villa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Klimek
United States
Dickson City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Ahhh... I must have missed the example player above the cards...

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.