Subject: Some ideas... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Heidman
United States
Macedon
New York
flag msg tools
I was chatting with a friend about this game, and he had what I thought was a great idea for an expansion.

I really like the basic idea of an inexpensive way to paly miniatures, and think the system has great potential for expansion.

He suggested "movement cards", ala Wings of War. Rather than saying a given unit can move X inches or whatever, unit classes have cards that show some maneuver as a arrow. You could represent speed, maneuverability, and nimblenees very nicely in this manner.

The only problem would be if units could move far enough in a turn to make the cards not large enough...

But the pontential is interesting, since it would allow you to make the movement of different units very ablity specific...

Another idea would be terrain, a terrain card set, even with some terrian spanning multiple cards, would be very nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Granvold
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One possibility to avoid overly large cards for movement, would be to do like is done in Crimson Skies (Wizkids vesion). In that game there is a deck of cards that show the possible moves that can be done and octagonal tokens that lay out the actual path on the board. Hopefully this image will make this clear.

Enjoy,
Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.