Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: frozen_in_time [+] [View All]
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battleground: Fantasy Warfare is the miniatures-style game using cards instead of models. It was featured in Tom Vasel's Interview by an Optimist #74: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/673070

From that interview and other reviews, it sounds like a clever, well thought-out design backed by enthusiastic designers.

Coincidentally, some of the stats here are quite similar to those of the last Frozen In Time article for Dungeon Twister (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/99773). At that time Dungeon Twister had a Game Rank of 89 and a User Rank of 121.

Time for a Snapshot!

Note: The game-page layout has changed recently. This is the first Snapshot under the new format, and I've changed the order and/or name of some of the items, to better reflect how they appear on the game-page.

The main changes are that Bayesian Average Rating becomes User Rating, and Overall Rank becomes User Rank.

Statistics:

User Rank: 121
Game Rank: 89
Number of Ratings: 63
Average Rating: 8.26
User Rating: 7.46
Standard Deviation: 1.35
Number of Views: 10876
Average Game Play Weight: 2.60
Personal Comments: 64
Users Owning: 121
Users Wanting: 43
Users Trading: 9
Wants Parts In Trade: 0
Has Parts In Trade: 0
Total Plays: 95
Plays this month: 1

Recommendations:

N/A

Forums:

Reviews: 12
Session Reports: 6
General Articles: 17
Rules Questions: 18
Strategy Articles: 3
Variants: 3
News Announcements: 4
Image Comments: 0
File Comments: 1

Battleground: Fantasy Warfare has 19 Images, and 3 Files

Battleground: Fantasy Warfare appears on 15 GeekLists

-----

Frozen In Time: A BGG Snapshot is a series of articles capturing BGG data at a specific point in time. These articles intend to highlight changes over time, and may be followed up on in the future. I hope you find them interesting. I take Snapshots of games I think will show significant change in the future, although I may also choose games based on personal interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a single central list pointing to all "Frozen in Time" snapshots?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the interest, Derek.

I've been planning on making a GeekList linking to all of the Snapshots, but I was going to wait until I had a more substantial number of them done. There have been several requests now, so I guess I going to have to get on that a little sooner!

I'll post to each Snapshot article once I've made the GeekList, so if you're subscribed you'll be notified.

In the meantime, the list of Game Articles I've posted has some extra stuff, but includes all of these articles:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=thread&art...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.