Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG taking minutes per page load and longer than that to post?... Anyone?.... Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I've noticed this on more than one occasion ... seems to always happen about the same time of day too ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Cumference
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
There seem to be a lot of small cascading effects from Aldie's upgrade of PHP (yesterday, I think). It looks like it is basically coming back together but the number of outstanding bugs increased rather dramatically. I've noticed things like if you post to a geeklist and then hit the back button it throws an error. Sometimes when you try to go to the third page of a forum thread, for ex, throws error. Etc. I think my suggestion for Aldie would be to slow down the pace of changes and bundle changes that have to be made to the main site (ie can't be tested on a test site) into off hours so his customers don't see disruptions...

Some things I learned as a system programmer: make big changes in the wee hours; don't change anything on friday afternoon .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.