John Snell
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Schedule for a March release (April for Goa)?

I have some pre-ordered. I'm just wondering if I should prepare myself to play them in August or will Rio Grande deliver as expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Caylus, Clans, Goa...Does anyone know if they are still
http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/C50/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat and get drunk all day."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't really answer his question wrt Goa or Clans, unless not listed = no longer forthcoming. FWIW, Rio Grande's website (updated a month ago) is still listing Goa for April release and Clans and Caylus for March. But since both of these are obvious places to look, I'm assuming the poster checked both and is hoping for more/better/inside info. Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeremiahClayton wrote:
I would have thought Clans was in print because I just purchased a copy 10 days ago at my FLGS.. but I suppose I was just lucky.

that depends on how you view clans....

The first 4 or 5 plays I liked it, then once all the strategy is realized, I realized it suffered from the weak player benefits from whoever is on the left syndrome with 3 players. Then I noticed that with 2 players, both play until there are groups of three on the board, then the next player to play gets royally screwed the rest of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasen Robillard
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jayjonbeach wrote:
that depends on how you view clans....

The first 4 or 5 plays I liked it, then once all the strategy is realized, I realized it suffered from the weak player benefits from whoever is on the left syndrome with 3 players. Then I noticed that with 2 players, both play until there are groups of three on the board, then the next player to play gets royally screwed the rest of the game.

With respect to your comment on 3er games: this only happens with exceptionally weak players who let others form the villages. After a game or two of familiarization, this shouldn't happen as much. Once the bonus tokens for village formation are distributed fairly evenly among players, the 3er game is quite balanced.

With respect to the 2er game: The situation you describe has to be orchestrated by both players in order to happen. If you don't like it when the board is reduced to isolated clusters of 3, then adopt a different strategy. That being said, the situation above is not necessarily a bad one in all cases. The player forming the villages will obtain all the bonus chits but will have no control over the timing of the village formation. If one knows which color their opponent is, one can at the very least ensure that they aren't part of the final scoring village - the last village can easily outscore any difference in bonus chits collected throughout the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.