Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first time that a game is missing pieces (and I can't blame the company, they might have been lost before I got it).

I've emailed yesterday Rio Grande Games about missing tiles for my copy of Tikal. they were helpful and they are sending me my missing tiles. That's a great customer service.

Thanks Rio Grande Games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second that. I bought Power Grid recently and opened it to find the power plant cards were all miscut and essentially marked. Rio Grande mailed me out a replacement deck as soon as I contacted them. I can't say enough about how impressed I am with their customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nachtrab
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How's this - we recently discovered that our son's copy of Chicken Cha Cha Cha had been excessively "pecked", and several of the tiles were marked. Being a memory game, it essentially ruined it. In a situation where it wasn't even their fault, Jay was kind enough to send out replacement pieces for basically nothing but postage. Great, great service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay answered to me too. I have nothing but good things to say about them!

I wasn't sure for Tikal, but now I'm thinking of getting another title in that series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will add another kudos for Rio. I got PowerGrid with no cards in the box and they mailed them right out! I am very impressed! Now if I could just get Laughing Pan Productions to return my emails about my Plunder cards that are misprinted and make me feel sea sick everytime I look at them.

Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar result with Carcassone when one of my red meeples came deformed. It did take though a few emails, apparently we had some miscommunication, but at the end I did get a replacement meeple.

I have also had a positive experience with Fantasy Flight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Yannakis
Canada
Terrebonne
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I once asked for an electronic copy of a rulebook and they wanted to charge me for itshake
It's not like sending email cost anything.
I guess if I wanted them to ship it to me, it would have been free

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Alphey
Australia
New Norfolk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A big thumbsup fromn me.

I emailed Jay about 2 second hand games I hve that were missing 1 small part each - a small charge for postage and my games are complete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Aldridge
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually had a negative customer service experience with Rio. I bought Igloo Pop but it did not come with a pack of glass beads to fill the igloos with... basically leaving me without a game. I had to wait 3 weeks before they were even dropped in the mail. Every other company I've dealt with, Privateer Press, Out of the Box, Days of Wonder, have been immediate and effusive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have had pretty good relations with RGG. Last year I was turned-on to Goa, and immeadiately fell in love with it. Unfortunately, it was out of print at the time, but was expected in October, '05. As I monitered it's arrival, it kept getting pushed back. Finally I emailed Jay to find out what was up. Turns out, the original German company that first printed Goa was no longer going to produce it. Jay explained that he was having trouble finding a printer who would match the high quality of the original game and yet keep the cost low. As a game collector I can appreciate this, with so many games up around $45-50!

BTW - last word was that Goa is due out in April!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.