Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Objective:
Use your Robot to hit your opponents Robot's head so it pops up. The winner is the one that wins the most rounds.

Bits:
I had the newer version that came out recently. It seemed to be well made. It is made of heavy gauge plastic. You get a plastic boxing ring with a red and blue robot that are moved with control sticks. On the top of each control stick is a button that each player pushes to make his robot punch.

Play:
Both players move their robots and make them punch at each other by pushing two buttons on their control sticks. The left button makes the robot punch with its left arm and the right button makes it punch with its right arm. The idea is to land a punch that hits your opponents robot's head hard enough to make it pop up. When it does, that marks the end of round one. Players play a number of rounds they have agreed upon and whoever wins the most rounds wins the game.

Conclusion:
Usually I place the rank I give each game right at the beginning of my reviews. But in this case I didn’t do that because I have to explain why I am ranking it the way I am.

The new game is much smaller than the original game. While I never owned the original game as a kid, some of my friends had it. It seems that the older version of the game worked better. I mean, the heads on the robots popped up a bit easier than the newer version I picked up.

On my version, the blue robots head would not pop up. I was punching that robot in the head at different angles and the head would not pop up. The only way that the head popped up is if I hit it with my finger. Because it didn't work the way it should, I brought it back to the store for a refund. It's because of this experience that I have given it a rank of 1. Maybe there was something wrong with it. But I didn't want to pick up another one to just trek back to the store again if it didn’t work either.

If the game worked as I remembered it working with the older sets, then I would rank it a 10 for originality and a 5 or 6 for fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Owen
United States
Lisle
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Maybe the children are supposed to play blue and their parents play red, thereby reinforcing the self-esteem of the child?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He-Heeeee! I like that, maybe you're right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real and Only
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Wore this game out as kid. To date it is one of my favorite Christmas presents I ever got.

That poor red guy was so beaten up that by the time the game was "retired" do to wear and tear, you could just look at him and his head would pop up.

This game ranks right up there with my Six million Dollar man doll with the see through eye, and the rubber skin arm that rolls up.

Stretch Armstrong.

And my coveted:

Stretch Armstrong Stretch Monster.

( All Star Wars toys excluded of course because nothing could compete with them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I had the bionic man too and the arm-pak. I think it came with 5 different arms. And what can compete with Star Wars toys? Man, I played with those for hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you just needed to bite it in the ear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.