Dungeon Roll» Forums » General

Subject: Play Mat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tev Kaber
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really liked the free Level Tracker mat, but I wanted to track the delve number and have an area for the current dungeon, so I made my own version.

Here's a link to the full-size image.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3813/9467889235_09dbc506e0_o.j...

-Tev
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Owen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please submit this image to BGG or request its URL to be added to the Links Section of Dungeon Roll on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jhonna Niver
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I would love this! Playmats are great for teaching beginners!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lundy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's awesome! I love the dragon and the graeyard!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the delve tracker. I kept losing track of which delve I was on when playing solo. So I started dealing myself three of the player aid cards, and discarding on each time I formed a new party. This mat looks like an even better way to keep track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume since you posted this that you don't mind if we use it as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
On the original mat you could always use the d10 to mark the dungeon level, and set it to 1, 2 or 3 to track the delve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tev Kaber
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
I assume since you posted this that you don't mind if we use it as well?

Yup, have at it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tev Kaber
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a variation specifically to fit on a mousepad, which I applied with an iron-on. It *almost* came out nicely, but I got some bubbling in the delve tracking area. First time I've done an iron-on, must have applied the heat in one spot for too long.

The mouse pad is nice because dice don't bounce as much when they are rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there something wrong with the official one that I'm not getting?
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1017387/free-level-tracker

Other than the delve tracker? Is the delve tracker that important?

(I'm still waiting on my copy to arrive, so I'm not trying to be a tool, I'm genuinely curious to see if there's game play reasons).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tev Kaber
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted a delve tracker and area to roll dice in, and I didn't see the value of a level tracker if there's a d10 tracking it. So alhough I love the look of the level tracker version, I made my own.

Plus, for me, part of the fun of a game is making my own accessories. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tev Kaber
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried these guys, but here's the iron-on I did as a printed version: http://www.zazzle.com/cr/design/pt-zazzle_mousepad?dz=cee497...

I may also try making a bigger version with a larger dice-rolling area, using this: http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/bar-mat/medium-bar-mat-38...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
twitch.tv/zenxacred
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
TevK wrote:
I really liked the free Level Tracker mat, but I wanted to track the delve number and have an area for the current dungeon, so I made my own version.

Here's a link to the full-size image.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3813/9467889235_09dbc506e0_o.j...

-Tev

Could you perchance make a version without the text for the 3 large boxes? (i.e. no "Graveyard", "Dragon's Lair", and "Dungeon Floor".) The background would suffice, I think.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Babcock
United States
Ringgold
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had artscow put this on one of their glasses cleaning cloths. It turned out great and was only $5. Thanks for the image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
From the dark depths of the ancient ocean, a kindly cetacean spirit with a penchant for board games and dumb made up bios
badge
I like themes. I like stories. I like plastic. I like brutal co-ops. I am kickstarter's whipping boy. Come game with me!
mbmbmbmbmb
People finding this thread may wish to check out this one instead, as it contains a play mat with art from the main artist:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1017387/free-level-tracker

I just ordered a copy on a glass cleaning cloth for $5 (inc. shipping) using the code in that thread (valid until 15th Sept, I think).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who got the "official" one from that other thread, I can say I do wish it had a delve tracker like this one does. As it is, I use the d10 to mark the level on the level tracker, and the d10's face value as my delve number tracker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bianca King
Australia
flag msg tools
I think this would be a good idea for custom floor mats.Just like the ones here: http://www.imagemats.com.au/go/mat-products/inkjet-printed-m...

We can create our own games just like those of board games and have it printed on mats. Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hap Campbell

Maryland
msg tools
TevK wrote:
I made a variation specifically to fit on a mousepad, which I applied with an iron-on. It *almost* came out nicely, but I got some bubbling in the delve tracking area. First time I've done an iron-on, must have applied the heat in one spot for too long.

The mouse pad is nice because dice don't bounce as much when they are rolled.

This one is great! Is this file posted anywhere? I wasn't able to find it in the file section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WalkinPneumonia wrote:
I had artscow put this on one of their glasses cleaning cloths. It turned out great and was only $5. Thanks for the image.

What size glasses cloth are people using to print these on? ArtScow has 7x6 and 11x8 and I can't tell for sure from the picture which it is, although I suppose either would work.

I'm mostly asking because no matter what I do on ArtScow's site, when I upload one of the play mats, it always says part of the text (on this mat design and some of the others) is out of the safe area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls