Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I'm new to the wooden block system, having played this once (with another newbie) and Napoleon twice.

In 6.41 (and in Hammer of the Scots were I saw an example of play) it states that each hit is applied to the strongest block. I originally read that that if a dice roller got more than one hit then all of those were placed on the block with the highest strength. However, in rereading it (and with the HotS example of play), it looks like I was wrong and rather each hit is applied to the biggest strengthed unit per hit inflicted, not per unit rolling the attack.

Ok, so here is my question: How are hits apportioned?

I'll explain with an example.

Saladin A3 w/ ****
Egypt B2 w/ ***

defends against

Turcopole A2 w ***
Leopold B2 w/ ***

Saladin rolls his 4 dices and gets three hits. Are all three hits applied to one or the other unit (at the defenders discretion) OR is the first hit applied to one (at the defenders discretion) then the second applied to the other. Since they now are even again, the last hit would be applied (at the defenders discretion) again?

I think that it is the latter, but could you confirm?

Thanks,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
apply one hit to the strongest block then apply the next hit on the other block since it's the strongest now then apply the last hit on either block since their on equal strenght again.
Your latter assesment is the correct one...
picking the loss is a important part of the game. wether or not the block already applied it's fire power or wether it's a permantly removed from the game if destroyed...
Cheers
lexen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Lexen.

My bro-in-law and I played that way tonight (though it was HotS) and it worked MUCH better. blush

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.