Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: tabletopterms_dishing [+] [View All]
Kevin
United States
Lake Elsinore
California
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want the world; I just want your half.
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone found away to repair a box top that is severely dished? I presume the dishing likely causes the paper to stretch somewhat so a repair is unlikely. Has anyone found a way to repair box that has been damaged by something too heavy on top?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you lightly spray the inside of a dished box w/ water and then use the weight trick you can get results. Perhaps store said boxes upside down (if possible) for a while.

I recently microwaved my modular boards for Conquest of the Planet Earth (per the designers suggestion) and it instantly fixed the warping on those....just a few things I've come across.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Lake Elsinore
California
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want the world; I just want your half.
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanking wrote:
If you lightly spray the inside of a dished box w/ water and then use the weight trick you can get results. Perhaps store said boxes upside down (if possible) for a while.

I recently microwaved my modular boards for Conquest of the Planet Earth (per the designers suggestion) and it instantly fixed the warping on those....just a few things I've come across.
Thanks ill give the weight trick a try

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanking wrote:
If you lightly spray the inside of a dished box w/ water and then use the weight trick you can get results.
This worked great for a game I picked up a while back that had a pretty badly dished box cover - got the inside a bit damp, placed it face-down on a table with a bunch of heavy stuff inside it, and in the morning it was pretty well fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gray
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
ryanking wrote:
Was this to remove moisture?

I have a microwave that does great at sensing popcorn and other foods. But it lacks a setting for board game tiles. What settings and time did you use (or did the designer recommend)? This the first I've heard of this trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the geeklist item you're looking for:

Item for Geeklist "The Surgery: Board Game Repair Tips"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Designer said 20 seconds, though someone said that was too long. I would try 10, then increase until results. All this was over on the CotP:A forum here on BGG if you wanna take a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls