Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ola Hansson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes when I use BGG my CPU reaches 100% and Firefox 1.5 freezes. Does anyone else have the same problem or is there something wrong with my computer? Sometimes while just scrolling up and down on a page the CPU gets really high, but I think it's usually when I open multiple tabs that Firefox gives up and the CPU reaches 100%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It could be some other page causing the CPU usage. Lots of animations? The large animated BGG banner ad?

Maybe you have an old/incompatible Firefox extension?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I've had this problem too - Firefox crashing frequently when tabbed browsing on BGG. Not using any extensions, either, and this seems to be the only site that causes the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Me 2. I recently upgraded at work and I see it with no additional plug-ins. I usually have 5 or 6 tabs open and it seems to be triggered when it's waiting on getting images downloaded and I start scrolling. Sometimes it sort of comes out of the funk but it does degrade over time until it totally chokes and dies on me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same problem. I'm using Firefox version 1.5.0.1 and I often have a few tabs open, but it seems like every few hours, while browsing BGG, Firefox freezes up and I have to restart my computer. Someone else also posted about this recently (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/101805), and said they thought it was some kind of "memory leak in the menu code," not that I know tht means. Anyway, so it seems to be a widespread problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an ongoing problem with Firefox, and is particularly bad with 1.5. It isn't specific to BGG, but I find that BGG is one of the sites that triggers it. When I doubleclick on text on BGG (which is my habit for getting focus back on the window so i can use the scrollbutton on the mouse.), I find it really triggers the memory leak, and I eventually need to restart the browser.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get tons of Javascript console errors from BGG:

Error: Function token for non-function pseudo-class or pseudo-element, or the other way around, when reading 'nth-child'. Malformed simple selector as negation pseudo-class argument 'nth-child'. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
Source File: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/udm-resources/udm-style.css
Line: 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I have the problem that the page isn't loaded correctly with Firefox (often only halve of the hotgame list ist loaded then page loading is stoped, or when I view a picture I only see the top description and no picture or the button part of the table containing the picture). I've have to hit the refresh button several times until it works correctly eventually. This doesn't occur with IE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe
United States
gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe this thread at mozillazine on memory usuage and firefox can be of help to some:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=354828&sid=486...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redhuntingcap wrote:
maybe this thread at mozillazine on memory usuage and firefox can be of help to some:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=354828&sid=486...

If only I understood what any of that was saying.

Today, after using Firefox for the past 6 months, I've decided to switch back to IE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
United States
Greenbelt
MD
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just as another data point - I'm using Firefox 1.5 and have no problems. Occasionally the site loads a little slow, or is a little slow to react, but nothing outside of normal network fluctuations.
Windws XP, 1.something GHz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.