Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
March 3, 2006
===========

Game: Cafe International
Members: Anson, Taki, David
This session review assumes you have played the game.

It was a Friday evening at the restaurant at YVR (Airport) and that meant a busy night at the Cafe International. I had worked there several times, earning side money to pay my way to Puerto Rico. The secret was to ditch the singles at the bars and work on the couples. After all, two people were probably going to pay you more tips than a lonely fellow.

Tonight I had competition. The restaurant owner had hired two extra hands and one seemed like they had some experience in the restaurant trade. I had my eye out on him. The git was utilizing MY OWN table sharing strategies by placing his customers in split tables, thus getting twice the amounts of tips! Argh!

The other waiter was a laughing stock. I saw him put a tourist that looked a lot like Osama at the bar. What a sucker! Putting people too early at the bar was useless.

By late evening, I believed I was neck to neck with my fellow smart waiter in tips, but my customer base was dwindling. And that was no good. I had to place unhappy customers at the overcrowded bars and they were not too happy with that. And then, disaster struck!

A French fellow came up to the door, but as I perused around, I saw that there were no more seats available for gentleman. I looked at the bar and there was that nasty dirty looking chair (-12), and I knew the French tourist would slap me silly for putting him there. There was only one thing I could do. I went up to this gullible, yet multi-lingual tourist, and yanked him out of his chair. I promised the man (wild) that I'd try to find him a chair elsewhere.

1 minute later, when it was time for me to find him a spot, I was stuck. Time seemed to stand still. The restaurant owner said that if there were only 4 customers waiting, he'd close the store. But there were at least 7-8 waiting outside (in the bag). The other conditions for closing the restaurant was if the bar was full, and it was not. And finally, if all the tables were filled, the owner would shut the place down. However, there was 1 seat left and it was only meant for a woman to sit. Here, I had the multi-talented gentleman (wild), but I was forbidden to put him in the bar as he had some phobic condition that prevented me from doing so. I didn't know what to do.

"Well the heck with this. I pulled the fire alarm not knowing what else to do. Well, that seemed to solve the table situation."

In the end, I think the other waiter had me on tips. But with the fire alarm pulled, hehe, who was counting?

PS: If someone can tell me what I'm supposed to do in this situation, that'd be great. I have only one wild in my hand with no other customers, but I cannot seat the wild at the bar because I'm not allowed to do so and I can't seat the wild at any legal table. Does the game end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Finazzo
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
On BSW I've ran into this exact situation and it lets you place the customer at the bar, even though they are multi-lingual/talented/have bad hair (wild).

That seems to make the most sense, as otherwise you could be potentially stuck prior to the normal game end.

- JohnyQD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.