The Fury of Dracula» Forums » General

Subject: Wild Horses - Dracula Card? Or Hunter Card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
When I have played this game in the past, the event card "Wild Horses" made no sense as written for a "Hunter Card". Probing around the files here on the Geek, I see this card listed as a "Dracula Card" both in the errata and the German card translation.

In the version of the game I own (and the versions I have played) this has always been a Hunter Card. Is this supposed to be a Dracula Card?

If, so did any copies of the game have this card printed correctly (ie as a Dracula card instead of a Hunter card). Or is this a misprint in all copies of The Fury of Dracula?

Assuming it is a misprint (the card text makes me think it is), how have folks worked around the issue? Card sleeves would help - but none are the right size. Marking the card gives away its identity. Any thoughts?

Assuming it is a misprint, how might I be able to get a copy of the correct Dracula Card version of Wild Horses?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought mine is a Dracula card. Guess I'll need to get mine out and check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Warrender
United States
Averill Park
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a Dracula Card in my set. The text says: "Play this card when a Hunter attacks Dracula. You may move the Hunter into any adjacent city, and the combat immediately ends. The Hunter may then rest, resupply, or trade, even if he has had an encounter this turn."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tall
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange that we have different wording (although functionally the same). Mine - which is a Dracula card - says:

If a Hunter attacks Dracula play this. The Dracula player may move the Hunter's Playing Piece away into any adjacent Town. The Hunter then has another Action Phase in that Town.

Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Miller
United States
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Punk Rock Warlord
mbmbmbmbmb
It is indeed a common misprint--it shows up in my copy. I've put a small sticker on the back. When drawing cards, the Dracula player pulls the card off the bottom of the deck, if it's the marked card or a Dracula card he keeps it, if not he forks it over. Seems to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wild Horses; a card of the Cross in mine. But gave it to Drak (he werent happy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.