Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
It's my turn (I am the US), and I play a card with an operational value of 4 points. The event is a Russian one and I don't want the event to occur so I use it for the space race which I haven't done this turn yet. It costs 2 operational points to attempt to move on the space race ladder, however I roll a 6 and so my attempt fails. Can I try it again? I have only used 2 operational points and still have two left. The rules say I can only use one card per turn for the space race which makes sense if you have an Ops of 3,2 or 1, but in this instance I am using only one card with an operational value of 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
burrie wrote:
It's my turn (I am the US), and I play a card with an operational value of 4 points. The event is a Russian one and I don't want the event to occur so I use it for the space race which I haven't done this turn yet. It costs 2 operational points to attempt to move on the space race ladder, however I roll a 6 and so my attempt fails. Can I try it again? I have only used 2 operational points and still have two left. The rules say I can only use one card per turn for the space race which makes sense if you have an Ops of 3,2 or 1, but in this instance I am using only one card with an operational value of 4.

Short answer: No. It was your choice to use the card that way. If you wanted to use all of the ops, you had to let the event happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The number of OPS shown on the Space Race track is not how many CP it costs, but rather is the miminum valued OPS card you can use to make the attempt. So you can't throw down that nasty Five Year Plan or Grain Sales card, because the next space requires a "3" card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the Camel said, the number on the Space Race is a minimum value, not a cost. So you can't try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.