Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Morrow
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just finished playing our first game of Gang of Four. So while waiting for Jay to get out of the shower Grant and I played war.

Andrew's best quote, "I don't know what can be more exciting than watching grown men play war. Oh I know watching grown men play war while I drink burbon."

Well, the first time through the deck I quickly take a quick lead. I got like three quarters of the deck.

"Wow, this game's gonna be over before I finish my burbon."

Yes, it would, but not the way Andrew and I expected.

"do you remember playing any tripple wars?"

"I don't think I could remember anything specific from when I was that small"

"Sure, You'd remember triple wars. They were such big deals you know like the hostage crisis"

"I used to set the deck for when I played my father, he usually realized within a the first few seconds."

"Did anyone play spit? or slapjack?"

"Yes, I don't remember how to play either of them, but I remember slapjack was stupid."

Our friendly trip down memory lane was interupted when Grant informs me, "I won five bucks playing War at Foxwoods."

Wait, wait, wait, nobody told me I was playing against a professional War player. but, sure enough Grant's superior expertise soon destroy me. As we battle wars for 7s and 3s, all the kings and aces and queens are gone.

To add insult to injury, my last card is a 4 and I defeat his 2 with it. That means I just have to play two more cards.

7 minutes -- half of Andrew's burbon -- and I get hustled by the word's only professional War player.

I think I need a burbon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.