Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Date: March 4th, 2006

Game: Pitchcar Mini

Players: Charles, Jean, JF, Kernon, Patrick and Valdir (myself)

While we played Alhambra, the In the shadow of the emperor group finished their game and played Ra as well. After this, Learry had to leave, so we were down to nine players.

A few weeks ago I had played Carabande (see my report here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/98334) and I had enjoyed it a lot. So when Patrick proposed to try out his copy of Pitchcar Mini, I was all for it.

The game could have handled eight players but Kim, Tamara and Johnny bowed out and played a game of Bohnanza instead.

We first did some training pitches to get acquainted with the dynamics of the game and then did one pitch to decide running order. Unfortunately I missed this pitch and had to start in last place, which is bad both because there are cars in front of you blocking your way and also because you end up pushing people ahead. Oh well...

Charles had a very good start and threatened to put a lap on top of some of us, but after that he started missing his pitches somewhat frequently, so that we all ended up catching up to him. Patrick, showing the pitching skills learned on many games with his kids, was the winner of the first race. I had a good chance to win that one but got myself on an impossible position in the last round and couldn't catch up to him. The results of the first race are below:

First Race
Player: Points
Patrick: 10
Valdir: 8
Charles: 6
Jean: 5
Jean-François: 4
Kernon: 3

Everybody enjoyed the game so much that we decided to play another one right away and count the points in tournament style. It was decided that the running order would be reverse of the final standings of the first race, so that Kernon went first.

In this game again Charles had a strong start, he didn't put a lap on anyone but he was leading during the early game but again made some crucial mistakes that took him out of contention.

I went with my patented steady pace, I think I was the one who missed the least number of pitches and my car never went flying as some of the others did. My steady pace was once again good enough for a second place. See the standings below:

Second Race
Player: Points
Jean: 10
Valdir: 8
Patrick: 6
Kernon: 5
Charles: 4
Jean-François: 3

Some people had to leave, so we had to cut the championship short and this was the final standing:

Total
Player: 1st + 2nd = Total
Patrick: 10 + 6 = 16
Valdir: 8 + 8 = 16
Jean: 5 + 10 = 15
Charles: 6 + 4 = 10
Kernon: 3 + 5 = 8
Jean-François: 4 + 3 = 7

At last I won something! Even if it was a shared victory, I'm still happy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.