Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though mine came witht eh version 2.1 rules, I'm still confused. Especially on the concept of "spending my opponent's peril." I really wish there was an example on an entire round of play between two players, with each player taking their first complete turn. Maybe someone can post a good example for the rest of us. What I am most confused about is "spending peril". When I do this do I/they move their token further down their tracker each time, or once you have that much peril it stays there the whole game? I'm just wondering if peril goes up and down, or it keeps accumulating till you're maxed out. If it does go down, what happens to my monster pack? I assume I can't play them until you're up to that amount of peril again. Thanks everyone for your help on this. Maybe I'm just too dense to understand. Again, an example of a complete "round" or two would certainly help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pollock
United States
Cedarburg
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peril is like cash that you spend against your opponent. So, when you spend it, it's gone. They can rest easy until their peril rises again. So, if you have an expensive pack monster, you will have to wait to play it until your opponent has raised up their peril again.

There are a lot of things in this game that make sense after you'e played it a few times. Especially, the timing of card play. A blow by blow turn would be a very useful player aide to this game. Heck, I'd be willing to tip someone some to do it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.