Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
A delay at the dog groomers sent me to the game store to kill some time - right around the corner, and all that. As such, I ended up walking out with the new Fury of Dracula and a conspicuous propoisition as to how to manage two miniature schnauzers and a board game at the same time.

But that isn't the problem I'm here to tell you about.

This morning over a cup of coffee (and some very dapper looking schnauzers at my feet) I began exploring my new game. On attempting to punchout the encounter markers, I immediatly had a good bit of trouble, and soon I'd quite badly torn one of the tiles. I was aghast. I've got a good bit of experience doing this under my belt and had always proceeded carefully as you can usually spot the problems before you've made a mess of things. So, I was a bit sad...until it kept happening.

I wasn't quite sure what to do at this point, so I proceeded as carefully as possible. In the end, I've got a good number of encounters quite visibly marked on the back. I didn't do an exact census, but about 70% of them show some signs of distress, while about 25% are badly, conspicuously torn. I noticed that the backing is quite off center on a number as well, so I wonder if I got a bum sheet.

I'll CC this post off to Fantasy Flight Customer Support, but I'm noticing no thread on this issue on here which implies this is either a problem very limited in scope or a problem entirely of my own manufacture. Well, I *thought* I was being cautious.

Anyone else with experiences along these lines?

Edward

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Ramsey
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if the problem is widespread or not, but I noted that it seemed more challenging to punch the FoD bits than the other Fantasy Flight games I've punched before. I resorted to using an Xacto (sp?) knife just to be safe, and FoD is the first game I've taken that step to punch safely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone posted a similar problem on the FFG website which alerted me to the potential problem. However, they punched out fine for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Collinsworth
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
I had exactly this same problem. Even using an exacto knife to help, most of my encounter tokens have wear/ripping on the back.

It doesn't affect gameplay too much, as the tiles are still functional and none of them are significantly damaged so none are any more marked than any other.

Still, I'm pretty peeved about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I had no problems with my copy and neither did a friend of mine who got the game. Sounds like you got a bum sheet imho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has been pretty good at replacing defective parts (at least in my experience). So I'm sure if you write to them, they'll send you a replacement counter sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

It seems like a few of the cardboard sheets didn't get punched all the way through during manufacturing. When you get your game, check to see that the punch lines appear on both sides of the cardboard. If not, try using an x-acto knife to carefully cut them free. However, if there's a problem, and your game components are damaged or defective, we will replace the components for you in good faith. All component replacement requests should go to ffg@fantasyflightgames.com with something like "DEFECTIVE PARTS IN GAME_NAME" as the subject to ensure the fastest possible service. If your request gets sent to me or gets mislabelled as a rules question, then you could be in for a much extended waiting time.

Thanks, and sorry about the problem!

-Kevin Wilson
Fantasy Flight Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watkins
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
One temporary workaround you might try is to keep the counters in a cup or bag before drawing. Keep the drawn ones covered or behind a screen and once played keep them under their respective location cards. Not the greatest solution but it keeps it playable until you can get replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Just a small note to indicate that my replacement counters showed up on Friday. The sheet was punched completely, so I guess later printings will not have this problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.