Popular Tags: [View All]
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CITADELS
After the break, we still have 8 players left and wanted to play "one game" instead of splitting the group into two games (of 4). Everyone agreed on Citadels and we added the Queen to the standard 8 roles (total 9 roles) for a 8-player game. We built to 7 buildings.

Kah Yee and Neoh quickly got themselves to 5 buildings. Jeff were holding the Warlord role and had wanted to dismantle one of Neoh or Kah Yee's buildings to slow them down but Kah Yee has the Graveyard as one of her buildings. The Graveyard allowed her to buy back a building dismantled by the Warlord with only one gold.

If Jeff dismantles Kah Yee's building, she can buy it back for one gold so that'll be an exercise in futility.
If Jeff instead dismantles Neoh's building, Kah Yee can buy it for one gold taking her building total to 6, an even undesirable situation.
So it looks like either Kah Yee or Neoh will end the game in a round or two.

The game ended with Jeff building his 6th and 7th building as an Architect but Neoh also managed to raise his 7th building with Kah Yee coming close with her 6th building (she was assassinated in the earlier turn). Neoh won the game with more building points (29 pts) to Jeff's 27 pts. Kah Yee was 3rd with about 23 pts.

Click here for the full gaming report with photos
http://boardgamecafe.net/community/blogs/boardgamecafe_net/a...

For boardgaming activities in Malaysia, Singapore and Australia, check out www.boardgamecafe.net

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somone correct me if I'm wrong, but my reading of the "Graveyard" card allows the player to buy the building back for one gold to put in their hand (not, as is implied built back into their city). As such, destroying one of Neoh's buildings would likely have lead to victory (unless Neoh had enough gold to buy it for 1 and rebuild it in the same turn of course.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me correct you then... aiks, you are correct!! LOL

Yeah, I checked the card and found that you are right. We played it wrong. Kah Yee (who built the Graveyard) can only take the destroyed building into her hand (for 1 gold) and not build it for one gold.

Ah.. this would then change things as I could still destroy either one's building and hope someone assassinate or steal from the other in the next round.

Thanks for the clarifications, mate. Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.