Subject: release date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jim pearson
United States
canonsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does anyone know when this is being released?" I was on Rio Grande's website and there is no information on this game. Does anyone know if Rio Grande will have the english version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the Ystari version is "end of March"

Not sure if Rio Grande will be picking it up, but Ystari usually publish in three languages themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Hello,

The release date is mid april. Rio Grande will distribute the game in the USA.

Regards,
Cyril

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found zero places that have this game for pre-order. Strange being so close to the release isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is produced and available in Germany (for example, http://www.12spiel.de/product_info.php?products_id=2480). It will be distributed in mid-april in France (during the Gencon). I guess it will be end of April or beginning of May for Rio Grande.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, with all the American gamers among us, why do release dates still come in two parts? I know we win out on the movie releases, but I'll give Europeans movies premieres if I can get the games first. Seriously, there has to be a way for a release date to come to light on the same day in both parts of the world. For one, it definitely can pay off for some distributors to grab some and sell them at outrageous prices because they have them and others don't. A set street date would be nice, such as wizards of the coast has imposed on M:TG expansions. Keeps one guy from having all the cards before anyone else and capitalizing on that fact.
Now, question number two, is there any place that sells mykerinos that ships to the states that has a webpage in english, and doesn't cost upwards to 45 dollars to ship it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is produced in Germany so maybe it's why it's release this week in Germany, next week in France and three weeks after in US, since you can't teleport products instantly I guess it's the way distribution is.

I don't know for the second question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nevis
Netherlands
Amsterdam
N-H
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
Now, with all the American gamers among us, why do release dates still come in two parts? I know we win out on the movie releases, but I'll give Europeans movies premieres if I can get the games first. Seriously, there has to be a way for a release date to come to light on the same day in both parts of the world.

The effect being that 'us Europeans' get to play it three weeks later. Does it really bother you that much, that someone on the other side of the Ocean is playing the game three weeks in advance while you have been longing to play it for so long?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Impatience is not a virtue, but is fairly correct in an addiction such as having "fun". It is like a new record release, something you have to get as soon as possible so you can relish in the sounds. A new game that has been on your mind for over 4 months has just enough information on it for you to know you want it, add it to your wish list, and then yes, sooner the better. Then after it is out and you have a copy you can look back three weeks later and laugh that you worried so much, since it gets played only 2-3 a year due to the massive game closet you have already. Yup, it is an addiction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Unfortunately, Thomas is right.

I would love to make worldwide release, but it's not possible due to the fact the
games are produced in Europe.

The only way would be to delay the release in Europe, but it's not possible since i've got to pay the games when they're produced and not when i release them.

It takes a long, long time for a ship to cross the Atlantic ocean, and even if the Rio Games are produced along with the European one, it's impossible to reduce the delay...

About the language question, the rio Grande verion is US/French.

Regards,
Cyril

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franklyn Cook
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting 3-4 weeks after the game's initial release in its home country is not going to kill me. Indeed, there have been many a helpful player willing to give reviews, session reports, photos, and so on. This has the effect of giving those players in the "delayed release" countries more to think about, and only makes the the fun of anticipation that much greater.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.